Here’s another Tiger Lake UP3 COM Express module courtesy of AAEON with the COM-TGUC6 COM Express Compact Type 6 modules equipped with a choice of Celeron. Core i3/i5/i7 embedded processors from the 11th generation Tiger Lake family.
The module supports up to 64 GB ECC RAM via two SO-DIMM sockets, 2.5 Gpbs Ethernet, up to four independent displays via LVDS, VGA, and 4K DDI interfaces, SATA storage, PCIe Gen 3 & Gen4, and more for industrial. medical, and military applications.
- Tiger Lake UP3 SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i7-1185G7E/GRE quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.8/4.4 GHz with 12 MB cache, 96 EU Intel Iris Xe graphics; TDP: 15W (Up to 28W)
- Intel Core i7-1145G7E/GRE quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 1.5/4.1 GHz with 8 MB cache, 80 EU Intel Iris Xe graphics; TDP: 15W (Up to 28W)
- Intel Core i3-1115G4E/GRE dual-core/quad-thread processor @ 2.2/3.9 GHz with 6 MB cache, 48 EU Intel UHD graphics; TDP: 15W (Up to 28W)
- Intel Celeron 6305E dual-core processor @ 1.8 GHz with 4 MB cache, 48 EU Intel UHD graphics; TDP: 15W
- System Memory – 2x SO-DIMM socket for up to 64 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM with in-band ECC (GRE parts only); Note the specs say 32GB RAM, but the video below shows 64GB, or the same maximum amount of found on ADLINK cExpress-TL COM Express module.
- On-module storage – Flash for AMI UEFI BIOS
- Ethernet controller – Intel I225LM
- COM Express board-to-board connectors with
- Storage – 2x SATA III
- Video Output
- 1x 18/24-bit 2 channel LVDS/eDP (Default: LVDS)
- 3x DDI
- 1x VGA
- Audio – HD audio interface
- Networking – 1x 2.5 GbE interface wth TSN support
- USB – 4x USB 3.2 Gen2, 8x USB 2.0
- 5x PCIe x1 Gen 3
- PEG x4 (PCIe Gen 4)
- Low-speed I/Os – 2x 2-wire UART, I2C, LPC, SMBus, 8-bit GPIO
- Security – Optional TPM 2.0
- Misc – Watchdog timer, Wake on LAN
- Power Supply – 12V input
- Dimensions – 95 x 95mm (COM Express Compact Type 6 form factor)
- Temperature Range
- Commercial: 0°C ~ 60°C
- Embedded/Industrial: -40°C ~ +85°C (GRE SKU only)
- Storage – -20°C ~ 70°C
- Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certifications – CE/FCC
AAEON does not provide explicit information about OS support but provides WIndows 10 32-bit and 64-bit drivers, and mentions “Peripheral Driver (Linux)” in the user manual. Optional accessories for the COM Express Compact Type 6 Tiger Lake UP3 module include a 12V smart fan, a heat speader, a CPU cooler, as well as the ECB-920A-A11 COM Experss Type 6/10 ATX carrier board with 2.5GbE, 8x USB, 2x COM ports, 4x SATA, PCIe, etc…
The email press release we’ve received did not provide any availability or pricing information. The product page provides more technical details and useful resources with links to the BIOS, drivers, as well as a datasheet, and a user manual. The video below has limited information, but I still include it as it shows some of the applications and the 64 GB RAM limit.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.