Seeed Studio has just unveiled another Jetson Xavier NX mini PC with the Jetson EX1, plus some metal enclosures for the Jetson SUB mini PC announced last month with the official NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX developer kit, a 128GB SSD, and the Re_Computer case comprised of an aluminum frame and a plastic cover.
The Jetson EX1 mini PC has a different design with a custom carrier board offering dual Gigabit Ethernet and support for four MIPI CSI cameras, a 256GB NVMe SSD, and an aluminum enclosure designed to help with cooling, albeit the computer is not completely fanless since a 5V fan is included in the design as well.
- NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX module
- CPU – 6-core NVIDIA Carmel ARMv8.2 64-bit processor with 6 MB L2 + 4 MB L3 cache
- GPU – NVIDIA Volta architecture with 384 NVIDIA CUDA cores and 48 Tensor cores
- Accelerators – 2x NVDLA Engines, 7-Way VLIW Vision Processor
- Video – Multiple 4Kp60 encode, multiple 8Kp30/4Kp30 decode
- System Memory – 8 GB 128-bit LPDDR4x 51.2GB/s
- Power modes – 10 W | 15 W | 20 W
- AI performance – Up to 14 TOPS @ 10 W, Up to 21 TOPS @ 20W
- Storage – MicroSD slot, M.2 Key M socket fitted with a 256GB NVMe SSD
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 port up to 4Kp60
- Camera – 4x MIPI CSI-2 interfaces
- Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 Type-A port, 1x USB 2.0 Type-A port, 1x Micro USB OTG port
- 20-pin header with GPIOs, UART, I2C accessible for the outside
- 2x internal 20-pin multifunctional connectors with 2x I2S, GPIO, I2C, 2x SPI, 3.3V, 1.8V, GND (See this PDF for details)
- Misc – Power button and LED, Reset/Recovery pinhole, 5V PWM fan header
- Power Supply – 12V DC via 4-pin connector
- Dimensions – Mini PC: 134 x 135 x 46mm; carrier board: 128 x 105 mm
- Temperature Range – -45°C + 85°C
Seeed Studio’s Jetson EX1 is available for pre-order for $1,249 with shipping expected to start on December 10th. That’s for the full system preloaded with Ubuntu.
The Re_Computer enclosure is great during development as it gives easy access to GPIO, but it may not be suitable for on the field deployments, so Seeed Studio is now offering two other metal enclosures.
You can find all three Jetson SUB Mini PC on Seeed Studio’s online store with the Blue and Silver versions both going for $799 and the Black variant for $999.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.