AAEON has unveiled a new single board computer and edge system from the “UP bridge the gap” family with UP Squared 6000 equipped with Intel Atom x6000, Celeron, or Pentium Elkhart Lake processor, up to 8GB DDR4, 64GB eMMC flash, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 2.0b, eDP video interfaces, SATA and M.2 storage, and more.
The UP Squared 6000 is available in four different SKUs with notably an industrial SKU powered by the Intel Atom x6425RE optimized for automation, robotics, and industrial applications with support for Intel Time Coordinated Computing (TCC), Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) via its 2.5GbE port.
- Elkhart Lake SoC (one of the other)
- Intel Celeron N6210 dual-core processor @ 1.2 GHz / 2.6 GHz with 16EU Intel UHD graphics; 6.5W TDP
- Intel Pentium J6426 quad-core processor @ 1.8GHz / 3GHz with 32EU Intel UHD Graphics; 10W TDP
- Intel Atom x6413E quad-core processor @ 1.50 GHz / 3.0 GHz with 16EU Intel UHD Graphics; 9W TDP
- Intel Atom x6425RE quad-core processor @ 1.90 GHz with 32 EU Intel UHD Graphics; 12W TDP
- System memory – 2GB, 4GB, 8GB LPDDR4
- Storage capacity – 32GB or 64GB eMMC flash, 1x SATA port, 1x M.2 2280 socket for NVMe SSD
- AI accelerator – Optional UP AI Core XM 2280 with 2x Intel Movidius Myriad X
- Display Interfaces
- 1x HDMI 2.0b, 1x DP 1.2
- Intel Atom x6413E, Intel Atom x6425RE only – 1x eDP
- Audio – Audio line in/out
- Celeron, Pentium – 1x GbE, 1x 2.5GbE via Intel WGI211AT and Intel.I225-V
- Intel Atom x6413E, Intel Atom x6425RE – 1x GbE, 1x 2.5GbE via Intel WGI210IT and I225-IT
- Optional WiFi 5/6 & BLuetooth via M.2 2230 socket
- Optional 5G, 4G LTE via M.2 3042/3052 socket and SIM card socket
- 2x USB 3.1 Type-A ports
- Intel Atom x6413E, Intel Atom x6425RE only – 1x USB 3.1 OTG Type C port
- Serial (Intel Atom x6413E, Intel Atom x6425RE only) – 1x RS232/422 DB9 interface
- 1x M.2 2242/2280 M Key (supports NMVe SSD),
- 1x M.2 2230 E Key
- 1x M.2 3042/3052 B Key
- 40-pin Raspberry Pi HAT compatible header
- 100-pin GP bus (Intel Atom x6413E, Intel Atom x6425RE only) for carrier board support (SBC only, not Edge computer)
- Security – TPM 2.0 (Intel Atom x6413E, Intel Atom x6425RE only)
- Misc – UEFI BIOS, RTC, WoL (Wake-on-LAN), watchdog timer, PXE
- Power Supply – 12V DC up to 6A AT/ATX (default AT mode)
- Power consumption (typical) – 22W ~ 38W (depends on SKUs)
- SBC – 10.16 x 10.16 cm
- Edge Computer – 11.7 x 10.6 x 7 cm
- Temperature Range
- SBC – Operating: 0°C to 60°C; storage: -40°C to 80°C
- Edge Computer – Operating: 0°C to 50°C; storage: -40°C to 80°C
- Humidity – 0% to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certifications – CE/FCC Class A, RoHS compliant
- Longevity – 2035
AAEON will provide support for Windows 10 / Windows 10 IoT Core, Ubuntu 20.04, and Yocto 3.1 for the board, and claims the new board and computer offer up to 1.7x better compute performance and twice the performance for 3D graphics compared with the previous generation, meaning either Intel Gemini Lake systems or UP Squared Pro board (Apollo Lake) as the press release is unclear.
The UP Squared 6000 board and the UP Squared 6000 Edge are available for pre-order now starting at $219, and will be shipping in February 2022. The company is also working on the “UP Squared 6000 Edge Computing Kit”, based on the UP Squared 6000 with the additional carrier board, and pre-installed with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and 5.13 Kernel, the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO toolkit, and more. It will be available sometime in 2022. Additional information may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.