ASRock Industrial has announced the 4X4 BOX-5000 Series Mini PCs powered by AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 U-Series with three models, namely 4X4 BOX-5800U, 4X4 BOX-5600U, and 4X4 BOX-5400U, based on respectively Ryzen 7 5800U, Ryzen 5 5600U, and Ryzen 3 5400U processors.
The mini PCs support up to four 4K display outputs, come with up to two Ethernet (2.5GbE + GbE) ports, Wi-Fi 6E connectivity, offers M.2 Key M SSD and SATA 3.0 storage, as well as five USB 3.2/2.0 ports for peripherals.
ASRock Industrial 4X4 BOX-5000 Series specifications:
- SoC (one of the other)
- 4X4 BOX-5400U – AMD Ryzen 3 5400U quad-core/8-thread processor @ up to 2.6GHz / 4.0GHz (Turbo) with AMD Radeon Graphics; 15W TDP
- 4X4 BOX-5600U – AMD Ryzen 5 5600U hexa-core/12-thread processor @ up to 2.3GHz / 4.2GHz (Turbo) with AMD Radeon Graphics; 15W TDP
- 4X4 BOX-5800U – AMD Ryzen 7 5800U octa-core/16-thread processor @ up to 1.9GHz / 4.4GHz (Turbo) with AMD Radeon Graphics; 15W TDP
- System Memory – Dual-channel DDR4 3200 MHz up to 64GB (32GB per 260-pin SO-DIMM socket)
- SATA 3.0 port
- M.2 Key M socket for NVMe and SATA SSD
- 128 Mbit SPI flash for AMI BIOS
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0a up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- DisplayPort 1.2a, DP++ up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- 2x USB Type-C ports with DisplayPort 1.2a Alt. mode up to 4K resolution
- Up to four independent displays
- Realtek ALC233 high-definition audio codec
- 3.5mm headphone & microphone jack
- 2.5GbE LAN1 RJ45 port via Realtek RTL8125BG
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN2 RJ45 via Realtek R8111FPV with DASH function
- Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax and Bluetooth 5.2 (via M.2 module)
- USB – 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type A port, 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Expansion slots
- M.2 Key E, 2230 PCIe x1, USB 2.0 for wireless module
- M.2 Key M, 2242/2260/2280 with PCIe x4 and SATA3 for SSD
- Security – TPM 2.0 onboard IC
- Misc – Watchdog Timer
- Power Supply – 19V/90W power adapter; AT/ATX supported
- Power consumption – 6.7W at idle
- Dimensions – 117.5 x 110.0 x 47.85 mm
- Weight – 1kg
- Temperature range – Operating: 0ºC ~ 40ºC; storage: -40° C ~ 85° C
- Humidity – 5% ~ 90%
- Certifications – CE, FCC Class A
The mini PCs ship with a 90W power adapter, a VESA mounting bracket, a bracket for M.2 2280 support, and a crew pack. ASUS only lists Windows 11 and Windows 10 operating systems, but AMD Ryzen 5000U processors can also support Ubuntu and RHEL 64-bit, albeit support depends on the manufacturer and whether drivers are available.
ASRock Industrial 4X4 BOX-5000 Series computers are suitable for home and business applications such as gaming, content creation, working from home, KIOSK, digital signage, etc… The company says the Zen 3-based processors deliver up to 17% single-thread and multi-thread performance compared to Zen 2 along with improved graphics capabilities with AMD Radeon Graphics.
The company did not provide availability and pricing information. Additional details may be found on the ASRock Industrial website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.