Last year, AMD introduced the Ryzen 4000-U Series mobile processors for laptops but we soon got news of mini PCs based on the processor with devices such as MINISFORUM DeskMini HM50 or ASRock Mars 4000U.
So it should not be surprising that we got some updates at Computex 2021 with companies announcing AMD Ryzen 5000U powered mini PCs with the likes of new GIGABYTE BRIX models and ASRock Mars 5000U which are expected to become available in the second half of the year.
- SoC -Up to a 15-watt Ryzen 5000U “Cezanne” processor with 8x Zen 3 CPU cores, 16 threads, and Radeon Vega graphics.
- System Memory – Up to 64GB of DDR4-3200 via two SODIMM slots
- Storage – M.2 2280 slot for PCIe 3.0 x4 (NVMe) or SATA SSD. The high-profile model will also include an internal 2.5-inch drive bay.
- Video Outputs
- 2 x HDMI 2.0 ports
- 1x Mini DisplayPort
- 1x USB-C w/DisplayPort functionality
- Four independent display support
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack
- Networking – 2.5 Gbps Ethernet, WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5
- USB – 1 x USB-C, 5 USB 3.2 Type-A
GIGABYTE only provides a sneak preview at Computex 2021, so we don’t have the full specifications. But Liliputing reports options will include an RS-232 port, an extra Ethernet port, and up to two more M.2 2280 slots to support up to three SSD’s.
The company plans to launch its AMD Ryzen 5000U mini PC in Q3 2021 with pricing yet to be decided. Please note that the video above is from GIGABYTE Enterprise, meaning they may only end up being sold to businesses instead of consumers.
- SoC – AMD Ryzen 5000U Series APU; 15W TDP
- System Memory – 2x SO-DIMM DDR4, up to 64GB (non-ECC)
- 1x M.2 (2280) PCIe Gen3 x4 or SATA socket for an NVMe/SATA SSD
- 1x SATA III interface for 2.5-inch 7mm/9.5mm Hard Drive
- 1x SD card reader
- Video Output – 1x HDMI up to 4Kp60Hz, 1x VGA/D-Sub up to 1920×1080
- Audio – 1x Line Out, 1x Microphone
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) port
- 1x M.2 key E 2230 slot for optional Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 6 & Bluetooth 5module
- USB – 1x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C (5Gbps), 4x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A (5Gbps), 2x USB 2.0
- Misc – Proprietary fansink
- Power Supply – 65W/19V Adapter
- Dimensions – 194 x 150 x 26 mm (~0.7L)
- Certification – CE, FCC
The mini PC, which I’ve also found on Liliputing, will be sold later this year, but we do not have exact availability and pricing information at this point in time. I could not find a product page on ASRock website, but the product is listed on Computex website. Note this model may not be sold worldwide, and the earlier ASRock Mars 4000U mini PCs are pretty hard to find online with for instance the AMD 4500U model being out of stock on Newegg, but we can find some pricing on a German comparison website with ASRock Mars 4500U going for around 380 Euros, so the equivalent ASRock Mars 5000U model may eventually be released for around 400 Euros barebone.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.