AMD officially announced AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 Zen2 processor family yesterday, with claims of twice the multi-threaded performance-per-watt, up to 30 percent better single-thread CPU performance, and up to 40 percent better graphics performance over Ryzen Embedded V1000 processors.
We’ve already covered ADLINK cExpress-AR COM Express module featuring the new AMD embedded processor, but we should expect more Ryzen V2000 hardware announcements over the next few days and weeks, and ASRock Industrial has announced the iBOX-V2000 fanless mini PC with lower power parts, namely Ryzen Embedded V2516 & V2718, and targets embedded, industrial, and Edge applications such as retail, automation, automotive, entertainment, and smart cities.
IBOX-V2000 mini PC comes in two variants IBOX-V2000M and IBOX-V2000V with the following specifications:
- IBOX-V2000V – AMD Ryzen Embedded V2516 hexa-core/12-thread processor @ up to 2.1 GHz / 3.95 GHz (Turbo) with 6 CUs Radeon RX Vega 6 GPU; 10-25W TDP
- IBOX-V2000M – AMD Ryzen Embedded V2718 octa-core/16-thread processor @ up to 1.7 GHz / 4.15 GHz (Turbo) with 7 CUs Radeon RX Vega 7 GPU; 10-25W TDP
- System Memory – 2x 260-pin SO-DIMM for up to 64GB dual-channel non-ECC/ECC DDR4 @ 3200 MHz (32 GB per DIMM)
- 1x M.2 Key-M 2242/2260/2280 with PCIe x4 and SATA3 for SSD (M.2 Key M 2280 supported by bracket)
- 1x SATA3.0 (6.0 Gb/s)
- 128 Mbit SPI flash for AMI BIOS
- Video Outputs
- HDMI 2.0a up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- DisplayPort 1.2a, DP++ up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- DisplayPort via 2x USB Type-C ports
- Quad-display support
- Audio – Realtek ALC233 High Definition Audio codec; 3.5mm headphone & microphone jack
- LAN1 – 10/100/1000/2500 Mbps via Realtek RTL8125BG
- LAN2 – 10/100/1000 Mbps via Realtek R8111FPV (Dash)
- Wireless via M.2 module
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 (Type A)
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 (Type-C, Supports DP1.4 display output)
- 2x USB 2.0
- Serial – 1x COM (RS-232) port
- Expansion – 1x M.2 (Key E, 2230) with PCIe x1, USB 2.0 for Wireless
- Misc – Power button, watchdog timer
- Power Supply
- 12V~19V DC-In jack
- AT/ATX supported – AT: Direct PWR on as power input ready; ATX: press button to PWR on after power input ready
- Dimensions – 171.8 x 109.45 x 50.05mm (Aluminum housing)
- Weight – 1.6kg
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0ºC ~ 50ºC; storage: -40° C ~ 85° C
- Humidity – 5% ~ 90%
- Certifications – CE, FCC Class A
ASRock IBOX-V2000 mini PC supports both VESA and wall-mounting, and the company only lists Windows 10 operating system, but hopefully, Linux distributions will also work. The embedded box PC ships with a 19V/90W power adapter, a screw package, a product DVD, a VESA mounting bracket, and a bracket for M.2 2280 SSD.
The mini PC is based on two AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 SBC’s, namely 4X4-V2000M and 4X4-V2000M that the company also sells separately to customers aiming to integrate those into their own chassis. Again the only difference is the choice of processor.
More details about ASRock iBOX-V2000 mini PC and corresponding 4×4-V2000 SBC can be found on ASRock website and the press release. The earlier ASRock industrial 4×4 BOX mini PC based on Ryzen Embedded V1000 is sold on Amazon, so contrary to many other industrial computers, iBOX-V2000 mini PC may eventually be sold to individuals.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|