Sipeed has launched the Lichee RV Dock Pro kit for the company’s Lichee RV Allwinner D1 RISC-V module that builds on the earlier Lichee RV Dock carrier board and adds a MIPI/RGB LCD connector, two built-in microphones, as well as an on-board JTAG+UART debugger based on Bouffalo Lab BL702 microcontroller.
Lichee RV Dock Pro specifications (preliminary) which changes in bold or strikethrough:
- Supported system-on-module (SoM) – Lichee RV module with Allwinner D1 RISC-V processor @ 1 GHz, 512MB DDR3, MicroSD card slot, and USB Type-C OTG port
- Storage – Optional SPI flash
- Display interfaces
- HDMI port up to 4Kp30
- MIPI LCD/RGB interface for up to 720p30 display
- Audio – 3W power amplifier, 2x analog microphone
, support for 6-mic array via expansion
- Connectivity – WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 4.2 via Realtek RTL8723 wireless module with ceramic antenna,
IPEX antenna connector
- USB – 1x USB Type-A port adding to the USB-C OTG port on the module
- Expansion – 40-pin GPIO header
- Debugging – USB-C port for built-in JTAG+UART debugger based on BL702 RISC-V MCU
- Misc – RGB LED, Reset key, user key (ADC).
- Dimensions – 65 x 50 mm
The MIPI interface used to be for the 6-mic array expansion, so it’s not available for that board which features two microphones instead. In the original RV Dock board, MIPI displays required an expansion board, but they can now be connected directly to the board.
The specifications are preliminary since Sipeed did not bother to update the documentation specifically for the Dock Pro, and the only information that I could find is a tweet and the photo from the Aliexpress listing where it is sold with the Allwinner D1 system-on-module for $29.50 including shipping. Since the core module is the same, software support remains the same with Tina Linux based on OpenWrt 14.07, as well as Debian and Alibaba/T-head YoC RTOS images.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.