DataMax DM29 is a digital signage player and mini PC compliant with the OPS (Open Pluggable Specification) standard and powered by an Amlogic S905X3 quad-core Cortex-A55 processor coupled with 4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage.
The Android 9 system also features an HDMI 2.1 port capable of up to 4Kp60 video output, Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band WiFi, and 3G or 4G LTE cellular connectivity, as well as a pair of USB 3.0 ports. The system can be powered from an OPS-compliant display or via PoE.
DataMax DM29 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X3 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 1.9 GHz with Arm Mali-G31 MP2 GPU supporting OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.0, OpenCL 2.0
- System Memory – 4GB dual-channel LPDDR4 or DDR3
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, microSD card socket, M.2 SSD socket
- Video & audio output – HDMI 2.1 up to 1080p120 or 4Kp60
- Decoding – 10-bit H.265, VP9, AVS2 up to 4Kp75, H.264 4Kp30
- Encoding – 1080p60 H.265/H.264
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port with PoE
- Dual-band WiFi 6 with external antenna
- 3G or 4G LTE cellular connectivity with SIM card socket, external antenna
- USB port – 2x USB 3.0 ports
- Expansion – M.2 sockets
- Misc – Real-time clock (RTC) with support for on/off schedules, reset button, LEDs
- Compatible with OPS display via 80-pin JAE TX25 connector with power, HDMI, USB, UART, and audio signals.
- Power Supply
- 12V to 19V via OPS connector
- Dimensions – 180 x 119 x 30mm as per the OPS standard
For those who are not familiar with the OPS (Open Pluggable Specification) standard, it was first released by Intel in 2010, and defines electrical, mechanical, and thermal specifications of OPS-compliant devices which are meant to be plugged into compliant monitors.
DataMax DM29 OPS-compliant digital signage player runs Android 9 (AOSP) and the company says the system is especially well suited to educational smart classes and commercial meetings. The company’s educational solution notably enables the handling of exams, training, activities, and video streaming.
DataMax DM29 Android digital signage is available now. You’ll find additional information on the product page where you can also inquire the company about pricing for your requirements. A short video demo of the system can also be watched below.
This account is for paid-for, sponsored posts. We do not collect any commission on sales, and content is usually provided by the advertisers themselves, although we sometimes write it for our clients.