Rockchip demonstrated the Rockchip RK3528 TV box SoC at Mobile World Congress 2023, and the first Android 13 TV boxes based on the processor are now showing up for sale starting with the LEMFO X88Pro 13 TV box.
The device comes with up to 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, supports up to 8Kp25 video decoding, features Fast Ethernet and WiFi 6 networking, as well as a few USB ports, and possibly optical S/PDIF audio output.
LEMFO X88Pro 13 (preliminary) specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3528
- CPU – Quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor
- GPU – Arm Mali-450 GPU
- H.265/HEVC up to 8Kp25
- H.264/AVC, VP9 up to 4Kp60
- VP8, MPEG-1 MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC1 up to 1080p60
- System Memory / Storage configurations:
- 2 GB RAM and 16 GB flash
- 4 GB RAM and 32 GB flash
- 4 GB RAM and 64 GB flash
- A microSD card is most likely present too
- Video Output – HDMI up to 8Kp30 and AV port (TBC)
- Audio – Digital audio via HDMI, and likely optical SPDIF output since it’s on the earlier X88Pro 10 model
- 10/100M Ethernet RJ45 port
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 Type-A port, 1x USB 2.0 Type-A port
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 105 x 105 x 18.5 mm
The TV box ships with an infrared remote control, an HDMI cable, a 5V/2A power supply, and a user manual. We only get preliminary specifications, because the company achieved the incredible feat of not including a single photo or render showing the ports on the sides of the device, but we can rely on the earlier RK3318-based X88Pro 10 model to get an idea.
The Rockchip RK3528 powered X88Pro 13 TV box provides an upgrade with support for the latest Android 13 operating system, 8K video support, and WiFi 6 connectivity. The product description also lists support for KODI 18.1 (probably a modified version),Vudu, Youtube, etc… Something that appears to be lacking on the RK3528 processor is support for AV1.
LEMFO sells the X88Pro 13 TV box for $53.98 to $85.98 on Aliexpress depending on the RAM and storage capacity, and whether an air mouse is included.
Via AndroidPC.es who pointed out another Rockchip RK3528 TV box from LEMFO called “H96 Max” (again), but out of stock/unavailable.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.