MangoPi is working on the first RISC-V router I’ve seen, based on the ArtInChip D213ECV 64-bit RISC-V processor with 128 MB DDR3 on-chip, 256MB SPI NAND flash, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, two USB 2.0 ports, MIPI DSI+touch connector, support for CAN Bus and RS485, and expansion through a 22-pin GPIO header.
Routers used to be mostly based on MIPS processors, then Arm processors took over, and maybe RISC-V is next, as MangoPi has just unveiled photos of the first RISC-V router on Twitter, and leaked some tidbits of information over the last two weeks or so on the social media platform.
MangoPi RISC-V router specifications (preliminary):
- SoC – ArtInChip D213ECV 64-bit RISC-V (RV64IMAFDC) processor
- System Memory – 128MB 16-bit DDR3 @ 672 MHz (SiP)
- Storage – 256MB (2Gbit) SPI NAND flash (Winbond 25N02KVZEIR), microSD card slot (bottom side of the board)
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via Realtek RTL8211F transceiver
- Display – FPC connector for MIPI DSI and capacitive touch
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- 2x CAN 2.0 interfaces via terminal block
- 2-pin header for RS485 (MAX13487EESA)
- Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console
- Expansion – 22-pin header with GPIOs, UART, SPI, ADC, 5V, 3.3V, and GND
- Misc – Reset and Boot buttons; 4x LEDs for Power, System, WAN, and LAN
- Power Supply – 5V via USB Type-C port
- Dimensions – 5 x 5cm
ArtInChip appears to be a relatively new SoC design company based in Guangzhou, China, with a subsidiary in Zhuhai. Their website does not have any information about the D213ECV processor, nor could I find any public information about it. MangoPi says it is working on OpenWrt support, but it’s unclear whether other operating systems may be supported.
Mango did not provide pricing and availability information at this time, but I’ll keep following the project and provide updates once we get more information.
Updated: The post has been modified after we got information about RAM capacity.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.