TECHBASE eModGATE Moduino X0 is an industrial IoT control based on a choice of ESP32 modules from Espressif and Pycom, equipped with a battery slot for remote installations, and various interfaces to connect sensors or actuators via RS232, RS485, and/or digital I/Os.
We first wrote about TECHBASE Moduino-X series ESP32 IoT endpoints almost six years ago with the X1 and X2 models, but since then the company has added more models such as the large X3 and X4 devices with more I/Os, and the new entry-level Moduino X0 that’s similar to the X1, but with battery support instead of a supercapacitor.
eModGATE Moduino X0 specifications:
- ESP32 wireless module/board options
- ESP32-WROVER with ESP32 dual-core Tensilica LX6 processor @ 240 MHz, 8MB PSRAM, 4MB or 16MB SPI flash
- Pycom WiPy 3.0 with 4MB RAM, 8MB Flash
- Pycom SiPy with 512kB RAM, 4MB Flash, Sigfox
- Pycom LoPy with 4MB RAM, 8MB Flash, Wi-Fi/BT4.2, LoRa, Sigfox
- Pycom GPy with 4MB RAM, 8MB Flash, LTE-NB/Cat.M1
- Pycom FiPy with 4MB RAM, 8MB Flash, LoRa, Sigfox, LTE-NB/Cat.M1
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi 4 + Bluetooth 4.2 LE with u.FL antenna connector via ESP32 module
- Options: LoRa, GPS, cellular (2G, 3G, 4G LTE Cat M1/NB1…), Zigbee, Wireless MBus
- Serial – Up to 2x RS-232/485
- Expansion I/Os
- Up to 8x digital/analog inputs (2x by default)
- Up to 8x digital outputs (2x by default)
- Various additional options via ExCard extension port including extra I/Os, Ethernet, CAN Bus, relay, and more
- Power Supply(three options)
- DC powered
- Battery powered
- DC and battery with switchable power source
- Dimensions – DIN Rail compatible (36mm width)
The ESP32-based eModGATE industrial IoT controllers are relying on the MicroPython environment to provide data management solutions for end-point applications, but can also be programmed with Arduino, the ESP-IDF, Zephyr Project, Mongoose OS, etc…
TECHBASE offers three firmware/software options for the Moduino X-series: protocol gateway (Modbus, M-Bus, MQTT…), notification controller (E-mail, SMS, SNMP), and datalogger. The solution is highly customizable, so there’s no public pricing. You can build your Moduino X0 with the required options and quantities on the IIoT Shop and get pricing information about logging into the website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.