We’ve covered many Alder Lake-N mini PCs, but the AAEON BOXER-6617-ADN is a little different as a robust, fanless industrial embedded PC with up to six RS232/RS422/RS485 serial ports, two 2.5GbE ports, and two HDMI video outputs.
Powered by up to an Intel Core i3-N305, the latest mini PC from AAEON works in a -20°C to 70°C temperature range and supports 9V to 36V DC input with circuit protection suitable for industrial environments like the previously announced BOXER-6406-ADN fanless embedded computer from the company, but with a slightly different feature set.
- Alder Lake-N SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Atom x7211E dual-core processor up to 3.2 GHz with 6MB cache, 16EU Intel UHD Graphics; 6W TDP
- Intel Processor N50 dual-core processor up to 3.4 GHz with 6MB cache, 16EU Intel UHD Graphics; TDP: 6W
- Intel Processor N97 quad-core processor up to 3.6 GHz with 6MB cache, 24EU Intel UHD Graphics; TDP: 12W
- Intel Core i3-N305 octa-core processor up to 3.8 GHz with 6MB cache, 32EU Intel UHD Graphics; TDP: 15W
- System Memory – Up to 32GB DDR5 4800 MHz via 1x SODIMM socket
- 1x M.2 2280 M-Key (PCIe Gen 3 x2) socket for NVMe SSD
- 2.5-inch SATA III HDD/SSD
- Video Output – 2x HDMI 2.0 ports
- Audio – 3.5mm Line out jack, 3.5mm Mic in jack
- 2x 2.5GbE RJ45 ports via Intel I226 controllers
- Optional WiFi and Bluetooth via M.2 socket
- Optional 4G/5G cellular connectivity via M.2 socket and SIM Slot
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, 4x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- Serial – 6x DB9 connectors for RS-232/422/485
- M.2 2280 M-Key (PCIe [x2]) socket
- M.2 2230 E-Key socket for WiFi
- M.2 3052 B-Key socket for 5G or 4G LTE
- DB-15 connector with digital I/Os (8-channel)
- Misc – Power button with LED, Reset button, SYS LED, storage active LED
- Power Supply
- 9V to 36V DC via 3-pin terminal block
- Over/under-voltage current protection, short-circuit protection.
- Dimensions – 214 x 115.5 x 65.8mm
- Weight – 2 kg
- Temperature Range
- Operating: -20°C ~ 70°C, according to IEC68-2 with 0.5 m/s AirFlow (w/ Industrial wide Temp. SSD/RAM)
- Storage: -40°C ~ 80°C
- Storage Humidity – 5 ~ 95% @ 40°C, non-condensing
- Anti-Vibration – 3 Grms/ 5 ~ 500Hz/ operation (with SSD)
- Anti-Shock – 50G, IEC 68-2-27, half sine, 11 ms duration (with SSD)
- Certification – CE/FCC Class A
AAEON provides support for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise and Ubuntu 22.04 (Linux) for the rugged fanless industrial mini PC. Some of the target applications include autonomous mobile robots (AMR), smart cities, CNC devices, and other use cases that may benefit from the wide DC input range, wide temperature range, and/or a large number of COM ports.
The BOXER-6617-ADN embedded computer is available now and samples can be purchased online for $566 (Processor N50, barebone model without memory and storage). Further details may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.