AAEON MIX-ALND1 is an industrial mini-ITX motherboard based on the entry-level Intel Processor N50 dual-core Alder Lake-N SoC with multiple video output options (HDMI, DP, eDP, LVDS), two Gigabit Ethernet ports, and plenty of serial headers for RS232, RS422, or RS485 communication.
The motherboard supports up to 32GB DDR5 memory, one SATA drive, and one M.2 NVMe or SATA SSD drive. It implements a hardware monitor for voltage, temperature, and fans, features such as PXE and WoL, and takes 12V power via a 4-pin connector or a lockable DC jack.
MIX-ALND1 mini-ITX motherboard specifications:
- SoC – Intel Processor N50 dual-core processor up to 3.40 GHz with 6 MB cache, 16EU Intel UHD graphics up to 750 MHz; TDP: 6W
- System Memory – Up to 32GB single-channel DDR5 4800MHz via SODIMM socket
- 1x SATA III with power connector
- 1x M.2 2280 M-Key for NVMe or SATA SSD
- 256Mbit flash for AMI BIOS
- Video output (multiple options)
- 2x HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kp60 and 1x DP 1.4 up to 4Kp60
- 2x HDMI and 1x dual-channel LVDS up to 1080p60
- 2x HDMI and 1x eDP up to 1080p60
- 1x HDMI, 1x DP, 1x LVDS
- 1x HDMI, 1x DP, 1x eDP
- PWM backlight control in models with LVDS and/or eDP
- Realtek ALC897 codec with amp.
- 3.5mm Line Out audio jack
- HD Audio via AAFP header
- Internal 2W/4Ω speaker
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via Realtek 8111H controllers
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial ports
- 2x RS-232/422/485 COM box headers
- 4x RS-232 COM box headers
- I/O chipset – NCT6126D
- 1x M.2 3042/3052 B-Key (PCIe [x1], SATA, USB 3.2 Gen 1/USB 2.0) socket with SIM socket
- 1x M.2 2230 E-Key (PCIe [x1], USB 2.0) socket
- Digital I/O box header
- H/W monitor – Temperature monitor on CPU/chassis, voltage monitor on Vcore/5V, fan monitor on CPU/Chassis
- Watchdog timer
- Smart fan control for CPU & chassis fans connected via 4-pin connectors
- Wake on LAN (WoL) and PXE support
- Front panel connector
- Chassis intrusion
- Onboard buzzer
- CMOS Jumper
- Security – Optional TPM
- Power Supply
- 12V DC via lockable screw jack or 4-pin connector
- Power States – S3, S4, S5
- Dimensions – 170 x 170mm (Mini-ITX form factor)
- Weight – 500 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C ~ 60°C; storage: -40°C ~85°C
- Humidity – 0% to 90%RH, non-condensing
- Certifications – CE & FCC class A
The MIX-ALND1 motherboard ships with an I/O shield, a SATA cable, and a SATA power cable. The company provides drivers for Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 11 64-bit, but there’s no word about Linux at this time. I have the feeling they will soon offer the motherboard with other Alder Lake-N processors since the operating temperature range was tested with an Intel Core i3-N305… If you’re after an Alder Lake-N motherboard, but don’t need the various serial ports for industrial communication, ASRock and ASUS have also unveiled some motherboards, but it’s unclear if they are for sale at this time.
AAEON sells samples of the Intel Processor N50 mini-ITX motherboard for $189 on their e-shop. I was surprised not to find any product pages, and after contacting AAEON by email, the company told CNX Software the motherboard had not officially been announced yet, but they already had stock so that’s why some samples are now for sale online [Update August 14: The announcement is now official]. This brings an alternative to the Maxtang ALN-10 mini-ITX motherboard with Intel Processor N50 to Core i3-N305 SoCs that we covered last April.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.