RAKwireless is joining CNX Software Giveaway Week for the third year running with the company offering a free WisBlock IoT Starter Kit with LoRaWAN and LTE-M/NB-IoT or GSM connectivity following giveaways for the WisBlock Kit 2 LoRa-based GPS Tracker with Solar Panel in 2021 and RAK Developer Kit (Air Quality Kit) in 2022.
The WisBlock IoT Starter Kit enables prototyping with LoRaWAN and cellular IoT connectivity plus display modules (OLED and RGB) and plenty of sensors such as accelerometers, light sensors, VOC sensors, temperature and humidity sensors, and more.
WisBlock IoT Starter Kit content:
- 1x RAK4631 WisBlock Core module
- SoC – Nordic nRF52840 Arm Cortex-M4F microcontroller @ 64 MHz with 1 MB Flash, 256 KB RAM, Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0 protocol stack
- LoRaWAN – Semtech SX1262 LoRa Transceiver with LoRaWAN 1.0.2 protocol stack (supports Class A & C), global coverage support: RU864, IN865, EU868, US915, AU915, KR920, AS923
- 1x RAK11200 WisBlock Core module with ESP32 WiFi & Bluetooth LE microcontroller and LoRa / LoRaWAN
- 2x RAK19007 WisBlock Base Board with 4x sensor slots and 1x IO slot
- 2x RAK12010 Light Sensor
- 2x RAK1901 Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- 2x RAK12047 VOC Sensor
- 2x RAK1904 3-axis Acceleration Sensor
- 2x RAK18001 Buzzer Module
- 2x RAK14001 RGB LED Module
- 2x RAK1921 OLED display
- 2x RAK12021 RGB Sensor
- Cellular modules applicable for your region
- 2x RAK5860 with LTE-M and NB-IoT capability through Quectel BG77 module
- 2x RAK13101 with 2G GSM capability through Quectel MC20E module
RAKwireless will provide tutorials and example codes using the Arduino IDE. You’ll find more details in the work-in-progress documentation for the WisBlock IoT Starter Kit which should be further updated in the next few weeks.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment with your country and whatever else you’d like to say (no links in the body of the comment). If the country is missing, I’ll consider the entry void. Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10 am (Bangkok time) every day.
- Comments will be closed after 48 hours. If comments are open, the contest is still going on.
- Winners will be selected with random.org, and announced in the comments section of each giveaway.
- I’ll contact the winner by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner. Note that I may not be able to contact people who log in with Facebook, Twitter, or Google, so it’s better to use an email address to enter the draw.
- RAKwireless will handle shipping, so the winner does not have anything to pay.
- The contest is global and open to all, except for readers based in Thailand since RAKwireless is offering a second WisBlock IoT Starter Kit on CNX Software Thailand, and you should apply there if you’d like to have the kit shipped to Thailand.
- I’ll make sure we have 7 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this giveaway week, I’ll draw another person.
Good luck to all!
The WisBlock IoT Starter Kit can also be purchased on RAKwireless’ online store for $189 plus shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.