Digi International Unveils Embedded Application Development Kit for Android
Digi International has released its Application Development Kit for Android (the world first Android embedded application devkit according to the company) at Embedded World 2012.
This Development Kit is comprised of both software and hardware components. The software development kit (SDK) includes drivers and Digi software extensions to create Android-based applications on embedded platforms while eliminating tedious driver development work. The kit also includes one of 2 Digi Wireless modules based Freescale i.MX51 (ConnectCore Wi-i.MX51) and i.MX53 (ConnectCore for Wi-i.MX53).
The complete Digi Android development kit includes:
- Quick start guide
- Digi Application Development Kit for Android CD/DVD
- Documentation and development board schematics
- ConnectCore Wi-i.MX53 module – 1 GHz Freescale i.MX53, 512 MB NAND Flash, 512 MB DDR2, -20 to +70° C.
- 7″ WVGA LCD panel with touchscreen
- Digi JumpStart Kit development board:
- 3 serial ports (1 x RS-232/422/485, 1 x RS-232 Tx/Rx, 1 x TTL)
- VGA and HDMI 1.3 video outputs
- Ethernet (RJ-45)
- WLAN antenna connectors
- SD/MMC and MicroSD slots
- USB OTG and 4 x USB Host
- I2C/SPI headers and 1-Wire connector
- Audio: line in/out and microphone in (3.5 mm)
- Digi XBee module socket module (sold separately)
- GPIO screw terminal
- User push-buttons and user LEDs
- 802.3af (PoE) module socket (module sold separately)
- external LCD/Touchscreen connectors
- external camera connectors
- user/application connectors
- JTAG connector
- 9-30VDC power supply and battery
- Power supply and accessories:
- External wall power supply with adapters
- Ethernet cable
- Serial cable
The SDK includes the Android development tools, Android platform, Digi software and API extensions and the Eclipse-based Digi ESP IDE and development can be carried out on both Windows and Linux machines.
The Digi Application Development Kit for Android is available now for 499 USD and can be purchased via one of Digi distributors in 70 countries. For more information, you can visit www.digi.com/android and Digi International Support Forum.