No.1 P7 mini Pad is a 7″ Android Phablet Powered by Mediatek MT6589
If you wanted a tablet with built-in 3G connectivity, and the ability to make calls last year, you could have bought one of Mediatek MT8377 based tablets. This year, you can get the same functionality, but upgrade to quad core, by getting a tablet, or should I say phablet, powered by Mediatek MT6589 such as “No.1 P7 mini Pad”. Many sites also promote it as an iPad mini clone, especially it has a lightning connector.
No.1 P7 mini Pad specifications:
- SoC – Mediatek MT6589 quad core Cortex A7 processor @ 1.2 GHz + PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- System Memory – 512MB, 1GB or 2GB DDR3 depending on exact model, and where you read.
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash + internal micro SD card slot fitted with 8GB/16GB or 32GB microSD
- Display – 7″ IPS Capacitive touch screen (1280×800)
- Camera – 2.0MP front camera + 8.0MP rear camera
- Networks – 3G: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz; WCDMA: 850MHz/2100MHz
- SIM – 1x MicroSIM card slot
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth + GPS (A-GPS)
- Sensors - 4-way G-Sensor
- Data port – Lightning
- Audio – Built in stereo speakers/Built in Microphone, Earphone jack
- Battery – 5000mAh Li-On (About 3-6 hours per charge)
- Dimensions – 192.4x114x8.6 mm
- Weight – 320g
This smartphones runs Android 4.2.1, and is said to come with headphones, a USB cable and a charger. Some sells also also a leather case. The amount of RAM is a bit confusing. Many sites show 2GB RAM, but at least one seller explains there’s no 2GB version, only 512MB or 1GB versions. Although you could use the device by holding it in your hand to make calls, just like a smartphone, many people may opt to use it with a Bluetooth headset instead. One reader commented the Bluetooth range was good enough so that he could roam in his house to make phone calls via a Bluetooth headset with one of the earlier dual core models. If you’re fond of custom ROMs, the device is probably a little too new, and I could not find any information on XDA developers’ forum.
I found this device via GeekBuying blog which sells the 1GB RAM version for $189.99, but it’s also available on Aliexpress with prices starting at around $160 with 512MB RAM, and without leather case. If you’re in China, you can also get the 2GB RAM version directly from “No.1” for 999 RMB ($163).