Here’s yet another mini PC based on Rockchip RK3066. MK812 mini PC looks just like Kimdecent B12, but the version version has been updated by replacing one of the microUSB ports with a jack to insert the cable of a high gain 3dB antenna. The antenna has a magnetic base so that you can stick it on your metallic furnitures…
They have also increased the amount of RAM, and you now get 2GB RAM in the device. Update: Only 1GB RAM finally.
Here are the MK812 specifications as shown on MiniAndroidPC:
- SoC – Dual-core Allwinner? A9 1.2~1.6GHz CPU processor
- System Memory –
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash memory + microSD slot
- Video Output – HDMI (1080p/2160p)
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n & Bluetooth 2.3
- Camera – Build-in 2MP camera
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 Host, 1x USB OTG
- Misc – Build-in microphone, and reset button.
- Dimensions – 88 × 31.5 × 15.8 mm
- Weight – <50g
- OS- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Allwinner must be a mistake since the only dual core they have is the AllWinner A20 (dual core A7), and it’s not even available in tablets yet, so it should be Rockchip RK3066. FYR, the internal model name is S21D.
MK812 comes with a 5V/2A power, a short HDMI cable, a miniUSB to USB cable, a USB adapter (mini USB to standard USB female) and a user’s manual.
I could not find any Wi-Fi benchmark between mini PCs with internal antenna and those with external antennas, so I can’t confirm for sure you’ll get a Wi-Fi performance boost. If somebody has some data about this, please leave a comment.
MiniAndroidPC sells the device for $75 including shipping. I’d like to give a few warnings though:
- I’ve never heard about MiniAndroidPC. They may be a very good company, but you take an extra risk when ordering from an unknown shop.
- I understand there are two versions of MK812 (S21D), the original one with 1GB RAM and 2 microUSB ports, and the updated version with 2GB RAM, 1 microUSB port and the Wi-Fi antenna jack. So if you find an alternative shop, make sure you order the one you want.
- Remember S21H mini PC with 2GB RAM? Some people bought it (via happyadeal) and ended up getting only 1GB RAM. I suppose S21D is mass produced by the same manufacturer.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|