Rikomagic MK902 Quad Core Android TV Box Features a 5MP Camera
Rikomagic is mostly known for its Android HDMI TV dongles such as the MK802 series, but a new Android media player has recently been listed on its website. MK902 features a quad core Cortex A9 RK3188 processor, 2GB RAM, 8 to 16 GB flash depending on configuration, as well as a 5MP camera for video conferencing.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 Quad Core cortex A9 SoC @ 1.6 GHz with Mali 400-MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 8GB to 16GB NAND flash, and a micro SD card slot (Up to 32GB)
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with external antenna, Bluetooth 4.0, and 10/100M Ethernet
- Video Output – HDMI and AV output (composite).
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV output and optical SPDIF
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Camera – 5MP webcam with microphone
- Power supply – 5V / 2.5A
The device will come with an HDMI cable, an AV cable (composite + stereo audio), a power adapter, and a user’s manual. MK902 is said to run Android 4.2, and supports Miracast. The 5MP camera is mostly a marketing “trick”, which does not mean the claim is untrue, but even if you can find a video conferencing service doing 1080p (1920×1080) it only requires about 2MP. Greater pixel counts are mostly useful for photography, unless I missed something.
There’s currently no information about price nor availability.