Forlinx i.MX6UL Linux Single Board Computer Supports ESAM Embedded Security Control Module
Forlinx Embedded has introduced i.MX6UL single board computer (SBC) based on NXP i.MX 6Ultralite Cortex A7 processor with 512 MB RAM, 8GB storage, that includes two Ethernet interface, an LCD interface, a CAN bus, as well as ESAM (Embedded System Access Module) support via either a SIM card like slot, or a 8-pin DIP chip compatible with ISO7816 standard, and typically used in the financial, telecommunications, transportation sectors for authentication and secure data transfer.
- SoC – NXP i.MX 6Ultralite ARM Cortex A7 processor @ up to 528 MHz with 2D graphics GPU
- System Memory – 512 MB LvDDR3 memory
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (but hardware manual says 1GB eMMC flash, but also mentioned MTFC8GACAAAM-1M WT so it must 8GB after all…)
- 2x 80-pin board to board connectors with signals for 2x CAN bus, 2x USB device, 2x SDIO, 2x 10/100M Ethernet, 24-bit RGB, 4x I2C, 3x “AUDIO” (I2S?), 4x SPI, 1x QSPI, 8x UART/irDA, JTAG, 8x PWM, parallel camera I/F, 10-ch ADC, 1x S/PDIF, 8×8 keypad ports, and 2x ISO7816-3 interface (for ESAM)
- Voltage – 5V
- Dimension – 50 x 40 mm
- iMX6UL baseboard
- Storage – SD card slot
- Connectivity – 2x 10/100M Ethernet (RJ45), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth (Realtek RTL8723BU) with two SMA antenna connectors
- Audio – 3.5mm earphone jack, 3.5 microphone jack, 2x speaker headers, on-board microphone
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Display – 24-bit RGB LCD header
- Camera – Header with CSI signals
- I2c header, UART1, 2 & 3 headers
- SDIO header
- PWM for LCD backlight
- 4x ADC for resistive touch
- Debugging – JTAG header, DB9 console header
- Misc – 4x LEDs, power button, boot configuration jumpers, reset button, RTC and battery
- Security – ESAM sim card holder or 8-pin DIP chip.
- Power Supply – 5V
- Dimensions – 190 x 130 mm
The board runs Linux 3.14.38 with Qt, and is also said to support 3G via ZTE MD210 USB dongle, and GPS via one of the serial ports. Since the product page documentation is rather poor, as even the specs are clearly incomplete (e.g. no mention of ESAM), I asked more information to the company, and they provide both hardware manual and Linux user guide, both of which are in English. Sadly, even the information in those document is incomplete, as for example there are not details about software configuration for ESAM and GPS. Once of the document recommends to access more documentation on WITECH BBS, but it appears to be only in Chinese.
The board and module were launched in March, so they should be shipping now. Pricing is not available publicly.