Advantech announced today a new Computer On Module (COM), the ROM-1210, powered by Freescale i.MX53 Cortex-A8 Processor clocked at 1 Ghz, with 256 to 512MB DDR3 onboard, 2GB Flash (upgradable to 64 GB) and supporting OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenVG 1.1 hardware 2D/3D accelerators. The module also supports full HD 1080p video decoding and HD 720p video encoding via its hardware engine. The company targets human machine interface (HMI), digital signage, industrial automation, cloud computing and portable applications with this platform that can run Android 2.3, embedded Linux 2.6 and Windows Embedded Compact 7.
Here are ROM-1210 specifications:
- CPU – Freescale i.MX535 Cortex-A8 1GHz (i.MX536 Cortex-A8 800MHz for wide temp. only)
- System RAM – 512 MB DDR3 (256 MB as optional)
- Flash – 2 GB (up to 64 GB)
- Graphic Chip – 24-bit LCD controller by CPU. Resolution Default 800×480 WVGA (320X 240 ~ 1920X1080 as optional)
- LCD Interface – 2x 24-bit LVDS connector
- Audio – Audio Line-in, Line-out, MIC-in
- RTC, Watchdog Timer, Reset H/W reset & S/W reset (by register setting)
- I/O(All interface with industrial TTL 3.3V Level)
- UART TTL level x5 (4-wire x3 & 2-wire x2)
- Ethernet LAN 10/100BASE-T
- USB 2.0 Client 1X (OTG supported)
- USB 2.0 Host 1X
- SD/MMC 2X
- SATA 1X
- Touch 4 wire Resistive type
- System Bus Yes (address: 25 pins, data: 16 pins)
- I2C Interface 2x
- SPI Interface 1x
- CAN-bus Yes (optional)
- Keypad 6 x 6 matrix
- GPIO 20 pins 3.3V TTL level GPIOs
- I2S 1x
- Power – Input 3.3V DC (+-5%) & 3.6V DC (+-5%)
- Power Consumption – Full run: 2.2W / Normal run: 0.8W
- Dimensions – 68 x 68 x 7.5 mm
- Operating Temperature – 0 ~ 60° C (-40 ~85° C by project base)
- Operating Humidity – 5 ~ 95 % relative humidity, non-condensing
Advantech also offers an off-the-shelf evaluation kit which provides a complete design environment with full technical documentation that includes:
OS: Android , Embedded Linux or Windows Embedded Compact 7.
- RISC-based COM and Advantech Customer Solution Board where you can connect the Computer-on-Module.
- LCD kit (with LCD and touchscreen).
- Test cables.
- Power adaptor and accessory package
- CD-ROM (with system upgrade/maintenance utilities, SDK, system test utility, user manual, and COM design guide).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|