Advantech has updated its product range by adding Computer On Modules (COMs). single board computers (SBCs), industrial motherboards and embedded box PCs based on the latest Intel Atom N2000 and D2000 Series processors to its offerings. These low-power embedded platforms provide energy-efficient solutions, and serve a wide range of applications targeted at handheld devices, POS, kiosks, digital signage, medicine, and factory automation.
The Advantech COM-Express Mini SOM-7565, with a mere 84 x 55 mm board size, benefits the low power consuming handheld devices market.
SOM-7565 Key Features:
- PICMG COM R2.0 compliant module for Intel Atom processors N2600
- Intel gfx support for DirectX 9 and Open GL 3.0
- Supports 18-bit LVDS, eDP/HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort
- Onboard 2 GB DDR3 800 memory and 4 GB SSD
- Supports 3 PCIe x1, LPC, SMBus, I2C Bus, SATAII, 8 USB2.0, and GbE
- Supports Advantech iManager 2.0 and software APIs
The COM-Express Compact SOM-6765 upgrades the platform to dual core (with D2700 version), and has an extremely low TDP design of approximately 10W.
- PICMG COM Express R2.0 type 2 Compact module
- Built in Intel Atom dual core N2600 and D2700 processors
- Single 204-pin SODIMM up to 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz
- Supports 18/24-bit LVDS and CRT dual display, DirectX 9, Open GL3.0
- 2 x PCIe x1, 4 x PCI Master, LPC, SMBus, I2C Bus, 2 x SATAII, EIDE, 8 x USB 2.0
- Advantech iManager 2.0
SOM-6765 will be available in January 2012 and SOM-7565 in February 2012. As usual with Advantech, pricing is not made public, and if you are interested you should contact their sales office in your country.
The low power, compact and high reliability MIO-5250 MI/O-Compact (Multiple I/O), and the MIO-2261 MI/O-Ultra extension boards provide flexibility via the MIOe connector.
- MI/O-Compact series: 146 x 102 mm (5.7″ x 4″)
- Intel N2600 1.6GHz / D2700 2.13 GHz dual core processors + NM10
- DDR3 1066MHz up to 4 GB
- DirectX 9, MPEG2 H/W acceleration, H.264/ VC1/ WMV9 (H/W Decode/Acceleration)
- Multiple displays: 24-bit LVDS1, 48-bit LVDS2, VGA, HDMI
- 2 x Intel 82583V Gigabit Ethernet
- HD Audio (amplifier can be supported from MIOe interface)
- 4 COMs: 2 x RS-232 + 2 x RS-232/422/485
- 6 x USB2.0/ SATAII/ 8-bit GPIO/ SMBUS
- mSATA: supports either miniPCIe expansion or mSATA
- CFast: supports CFast via Serial ATA bus and speed is almost 4.5 times CompactFlash(PATA bus)
- Full size MiniPCIe + SIMholder: SIM holder supports cellular modules too
- iManager technology
- Extended MIOe interfaces: DisplayPort, PCIe x 1, LPC, SMBus, USB 2.0, audio line-out
- OS: Win7 , WinXP, WinXP Embedded, WinCE and Linux support
All models have a low profile fanless design with an optional heat spreader solution.
There is no detailed information for the MIO-2261 MI/O-Ultra Series, except the following key features:
- 100 x 72 mm (3.9″x 2.8″)
- Intel Atom dual core processor, DDR3 up to 4 GB
- Dual Independent display: 24-bit LVDS+ VGA
- GbE/ COM x 2/ SATA x 1/ USB 2.0 x 2/ GPIO / SMbus/ mSATA
- Low power consumption
MIO-5250 will be available in Q1 of 2012. No availability was announced for the MIO-2261.
The AIMB-214 mini-ITXindustrial motherboard has a low power consumption and features the integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600/3650 with DX9.0 support on a single chip solution.
AIMB-214 Key Features:
- Intel® Atom™ processor N2600, N2800 and D2700 dual core
- One 204-pin SODIMM up to 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM
- Supports 1 PCI and 1 Mini-PCIe expansion, 6 serial ports, 8 USB, and Cfast
- Lower total cost of ownership with DC12V support and support 18/24-bit LVDS
- Onboard TPM 1.2 support (optional)
- Supports embedded software APIs and Utilities
Further information including the datasheet and photos is available on AMIB-214 page
Advantech is also introducing the fanless ARK-2120 box PC, which supports multiple displays including VGA, HDMI and LVDS, and offers 12~24V DC input for versatile integration. Two models are available: ARK-2120L and ARK-2120F.
Key Feature of ARK-2120:
- Fanless, Intel Atom N2600 1.6 GHz/ D2700 2.13 GHz Compact Embedded Box PC
- VGA, HDMI, 48-bit LVDS (ARK-2120F only), support dual independent display and DirectX 10.1
- 1 x DDR3 memory support up to 4 GB
- Mini PCIe expansion with SIM holder for communication module, i.e. HSDPA, WLAN
- Gigabit Ethernet: 2 for ARK-2120L and 3 for ARK-2120F
- USB 2.0 ports: 5 for ARK-2120L and 6 for ARK-2120F
- COMs ports: 4 for ARK-2120L and 6 for ARK-2120F
- Supports external Cfast socket and one 2.5″ HDD spece
- Supports 12 ~ 24V wide range DC input
- Supports integrated LVDS inter face, I-Panel Link (ARK-2120F only)
Advantech also provides multi-OS support (Windows, Linux and QNX) and a variety of intelligent software API’s to facilitate application development. Advantech Industrial Cloud Built-in Services includes:
- iManager: Built-in solution chip that provides a standardized API to achieve self-management, auto-protection and secure storage.
- SUSIAccess: Application that configures systems, monitors devices’ health, and recovers any system that may fail
- CloudBuilder: This solution features auto-synchronization, an intuitive interface, and help keep software current. Advantech says it effectively provides a reliable and convenient platform to support system integrators to build industrial clouds.
Further information on those embedded systems and related software is available on Advantech EmbCore page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|