About 2 weeks ago, I wrote about F&S Elektronik Systeme armStoneA8 ARM Cortex-A8 Single Board Computer that will be unveiled at Embedded World 2012 at the end of the month, and sell for 49 Euros for one week, before selling for its regular price (119 Euros).
At the time there were notso many technical details, but this has changed with the release of a product brief and hardware documentation. The unnamed Cortex A8 processor is the Samsung S5PV210 running at 800 MHz or 1GHz depending on the model.
Several models of the board are available, but they all share those common specifications:
- Samsung Cortex™A8 with 800MHZ (1GHz)
- 128MB (1GB) Flash, 256MB (512MB)-RAM
- TFT LCD-Controller up to XGA resolution
- 2D/3D and 5-Window Layer
- Multiformat CODEC (MPEG4, H.264, WMV9)
- H.264 [email protected]
- 1x (2x) Ethernet 10/100Mbit
- 1x USB2.0 Device, 1x USB2.0 Host
- 1x CAN2.0, 1x I2C, 1x SPI
- 3x Serial (RS232 with 3,3V-level)
- 1x Micro SD-Card
- Audio Line IN/ OUT, MIC, Touch-Controller
- Windows CE 6.0R3/ WCE7/ Linux
- 5V Low Power Design (<4W at operation)
- Standard: 256MB RAM, 128MB Flash, Audio, 1x Ethernet, no CAN, 800MHz, 0°C-+70°C with either Linux or WinCE 6.0.
- Premium: 512MB-RAM, 128MB Flash, Audio, 2x Ethernet, CAN, 1GHz, 0°C-+70°C with either Linux, WinCE 6.0 or 7.0.
- Premium I-Temp.: Identical to Premium with a large temperature range: -25°C-+85°C with either Linux or WinCE 7.0.
There is also a separate starter kit (armStoneA8-SKIT) with connection cables, memory media and access data to documentation and software…
The company has now setup an armStoneA8 Product Page. If you are looking for alternative, Embest has made a development kit based on Samsung S5PV210 with more RAM and Flash that sells for 149 USD (but requires the purchase of 10 boards minimum)
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.