Following Nikon steps with its Coolpix S800c, Samsung announced their own Android camera. Samsung EK-GC100 camera features an Exynos 4412 quad core Cortex A9 processor, a 4.8″ touchscreen display (1280×720), Wi-Fi and 3G or 4G connectivity (depending on model), a 16MP camera with a 21X optical zoom, and runs Android Jelly Bean.
Samsung Galaxy Camera specifications:
- OS – Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Processor – 1.4GHz Quad-Core processor
- Memory – 8GB ＋ memory slot : micro SDSC, micro SDHC, micro SDXC
- Display – 121.2 mm (4.8″), 308 ppi, HD Super Clear Touch Display
- Image Sensor – 16.3 effective megapixel 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS
- Lens – F2.8, 23 mm, 21x super long zoom
- IS – OIS
(cnxsoft: what is that?)(Optical Image Stabilization) – See Ganesh comment below for details explanation, in case you don’t know this.
- ISO – Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Network – 4G, 3G (HSPA＋ 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- Image – JPEG format 16M, 14M, 12M Wide, 10M, 5M, 3M, 2M Wide, 1M
- Video – MP4 (Video: MPEG4, AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC), Full HD 1920×1080 30fps, Slow motion Movie 720×480 120fps
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4
- GPS – A-GPS, GLONASS
- Connectivity – WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40, GPS/GLONASS and Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery – 1,650 mAh
- Dimension (WxHxD) – 128.7 x 70.8 x 19.1 mm
- Weight – 305g
The device comes with Google Play, and support a whole range of camera “value-added” features (Smart Pro, Smart Content Manager, Photo Wizard, Movie Wizard, Voice Control, Slow Motion Video, and more). This device is still under development, but Engadget was allowed to shot an hands-on video of a prototype, but was not permitted to distribute picture samples taken with the camera.
The device should be available in October, but Samsung did not disclose the price. You can find more information on Samsung GALAXY Camera page.