I reviewed Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 Android set-top box about a month ago, and I was pretty happy with the device with regards to performance, stability, and XBMC support. During my initial review, Wi-Fi was really excellent, the best, by far, I had seen in the dozen of devices I had tested, although an upgrade to my router firmware somehow changed that. This is also one the rare device that will support OTA firmware update. There were still some problems in the firmware I tested: some videos could not play, composite output did not work…, but overall I find it’s a pretty good device. The company also seems committed to fix issues, as they even have a public bug tracking system for the MX2. If you plan to use Android app, and not only XBMC, the IR remote provided may not be the ideal input device, and you’ll probably need to either connect a wireless keyboard or mouse, run DroidMote in the device and your smartphone, or get a “fly mouse“.
Matricom recontacted me to ask if I would be interested in doing a giveaway for my readers. I asked for 3 set-top boxes, and they agreed. The contest is open to all, but shipping will only be free to the US, and winners who can not provide a US mailing address will be asked cover for shipping expenses $29 US payable via Paypal.
There are three ways to enter the contest with one G-Box midnight MX2 awarded for each:
Comment on this post below[Update: 72 comments, random.org returned 2, the winner is Petrut Popa] Retweet if you want to win with #mx2giveaway tag.[Update: The winner is renw0rp] Comment in that Facebook post.[Update: Kerry won the Facebook contest]
Other rules are as follows:
- You can enter all 3 contests, or only one or two.
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address. I’ll probably also discard twitter and facebook entries made with newly created account.
- I’ll run the twitter contest for 1 day until Tuesday 10am, Facebook for 2 days until Wednesday 10am, and comments for 3 days until Thursday 10am. Times are provided for Bangkok timezone.
- Winners will be selected with random.org
- I’ll contact the winners by email, twitter or facebook, and send an email to Matricom in order to arrange shipment by Fedex. Winners have to answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another one.
In case you’ve already bought a G-Box Midnight MX2 via Amazon, and would like to get one for your friends or family, Matricom also launched a program called “Review the MX2, and get a free MX2”. You’ll have to upload a video review to YouTube (3 minutes or more) in order to get another device. Check details here.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|