Avalue Technology, a Taiwanese company manufacturing industrial and embedded single board computer, has recently announced a 3.5” SBC (single board computer) micro module, labeled ECM-KA, powered by AMD Embedded G-Series SoCs. The board will feature GX-415GA Quad-core SoC by default, with GX-217GA (1.6GHz), and GX-210HA (1.0GHz) dual core SoCs as options. The board targets the embedded market with applications such as industrial controls & automation, gaming (e.g. slot machine, aracade), thin clients, retail/ digital signage, SMB storage server, surveillance, medical, communication, entertainment, and data acquisition.
- SoC – AMD Embedded G-Series Quad-core GX-415GA @ 1.5GHz SoC with on-chip Radeon HD 8400E GPU (Optional GX-217GA 1.6GHz/ GX-210HA 1.0GHz)
- System Memory – One 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM Socket Supports Up to 8GB DDR3 1600 SDRAM
- Storage – 2x SATA III and SSD One CompactFlash Type I/II Socket (Support InnoDisk CF-SATA).
- Expansion – 1x Mini PCIe (mSATA Supported)
- MIO – 1 x RS-232, 1x RS-232/422/485, 1x K/B & Mouse
- USB – 2x USB 3.0, 6x USB 2.0
- DIO – 4-bit GPI, 4-bit GPO
- Resolution – CRT Mode: 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz, HDMI Mode: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz, LCD/ Simultaneous Mode: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (Through eDP)
- Multiple Display – CRT (VGA) + LVDS, HDMI + LVDS, CRT + HDMI
- LVDS – Dual-channel 18/ 24-bit LVDS
- HD Codec – Realtek ALC892 with 5.1-CH Audio support
- Audio Interface – Mic-in, Line-in, Line-out
- Ethernet – 2x Realtek 8111E Gigabit Ethernet
- Misc – Watchdog Timer, HW Status Monitoring System (Temp., Voltage) with Auto Throttling Control
- Power – +12V ~ +26V; ACPI 3.0 Compliant; Power Type: AT/ ATX
- Temperature range – Operating: 0 ~ 60°C, Storage: -40 ~ 75°C
- Operating Humidity – 0% ~ 90% Relative Humidity, Non-condensing
- BIOS – AMI uEFI BIOS, 32Mbit SPI Flash ROM
- Dimensions – 146mm x 101mm
- Weight – 200 g.
An optional built-in touch screen interface, using PenMount 6000 chipset, is also available with support for 4, 5 or 8-wire touch screens. The company claims the board supports Windows 8, Windows 7, and Linux.
There’s currently no details about availability nor pricing. (Not that much) further information is available on Avalue Technology’s ECM-KA page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.