Yesterday, Element14 has announced Wolfson Audio Card for the Raspberry Pi which adds multiple audio inputs and outputs to the low cost ARM Linux board, as it has been widely reported in the blogosphere. I’ve just mentioned it in case you missed it, as instead I’m going to write about a bundle with the Raspberry Pi Model B, lots of expansion boards, cables, and accessories such as a power supply, or a remote control that can be purchased for $120. It may not be useful if you only have a specific project in mind, but if you want to play around and interface with lots of different hardware, or even offer electronics lessons, it could be interesting.
- Raspberry Pi Model B with 512 MB RAM.
- Acrylic Case for RPi (not shown above)
- Expansions boards and modules:
- Debug Board – PL2303 USB UART Board (type A)
- 8 Push Buttons board
- 4 x Anti-slip buttons (not shown in the pic above)
- 2 x Copper heat sinks
- Infrared Remote Controller (with RC2025 battery)
- 100~240V power adapter (US plug, 140-cm cable)
- 26-pin flat ribbon cable (20cm)
- 2 x 4-pinwires pack
- 2 x 2-pin wires pack
- USB cable (150cm)
- Ethernet cable (150cm)
- Misc – 1 x DS18B20 Temperature sensor (IC that looks like a transistor), and CD with user’s guide.
The full kit seem to come from a company called Waveshare Electronics. You can find more details, including high resolution pictures, about the modules found in the package / bundle on the company website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|