Yesterday, I’ve explained to how update firmware on Telechips TCC8935 Android TV boxes, Mele X1000 more exactly. Today I’ll show how to root the device. The method uses Vroot, a Windows-only tool, that appears to be popular recently, as it is the same tool that’s used to root Amlogic S802 based devices.
Let’s get started in a Windows PC or virtual machine:
- Download and install Vroot
- Start Mele X1000, and go to Settings->Android Settings, then in Developer options, enable USB debugging
- Connect a micro USB to USB cable between Mele X1000 and your Windows PC
- Start Vroot,. It should detect your device, download and install drivers and a daemion. Check root access in your device, and a Windows in your default language may pop up in Mele X1000. Accept.
- You should now see “Mele X1000 is connected. No root permissions” in Vroot, click on the green Root button to start rooting the device.
- Upon completion, Vroot will restart your device, it should be rooted. You can verify with an app such as Root Checker
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|