Rikomagic MK902 is an Android mini PC powered by Rockchip RK3188 quad core processor, and there’s even a Linux version. The company has announced it has been working on an upgrade of the device named MK902 II, and powered by Rockchip RK3288. It will initially sell with Android, but I would not be surprised with a PicUntu version is also sold later, and even an MK 902 II Chromebox could hit the market, since Rockchip released Chromium OS overlay files for RK3288.
- SoC – Rockchip 3288 quad core ARM Cortex A17 up to 1.8 GHz with Mali-T764 GPU
- System Memory – 2G DDR3
- Storage – 8 or 16 GB flash + micro SD slot (up to 32GB)
- Video Output – HDMI, AV
- Audio Output / Input – HDMI, stereo audio (via AV port), optical S/PDIF, microphone
- Video Codecs – MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, H.265, AVS, VC-1, RV, VP6/VP8, MVC (1080p) Sorenson Spark, MVC up to 4K2K @ 60fps
- Audio Formats – MP1, MP2, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, OGA, APE, FLAC, AAC, M4A, 3GPP etc
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi , Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB host ports, 1x USB device port (OTG?)
- Misc – IR receiver, recovery button
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A
The box will run Android 4.4, and sell with an HDMI and AV cables, a USB cable, a power adapter, and a user’s manual.
The company did not disclose pricing nor availability information, except it will be possible to pre-order soon…
Via AndroidPC.es and ArcTablet
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
4 Replies to “Rikomagic MK902 II Android TV Box with Rockchip RK3288 Coming Soon”
RK3288 should hopefully be the the first Rockchip ARM SoC to run hardware video acceleration in XBMC for Android as good as the Amlogic and Nvidia ARM SoCs, or at least IU have great hopes for it.
Still sad though that Rockchip have not yet released VPU open source libraries and open APIs to acclerate video decioding and encoding on Linux.