After launching AllWinner and Texas Instruments SoMs earlier this month, Olimex appears to be on a roll, and the company showed some working prototypes of their upcoming Rockchip RK3188 quad core ARM Cortex A9 system-on-module, and corresponding evaluation board called RK3188-SOM-EVB including both a baseboard and a SoM.
Preliminary specifications for RK3188-SOM:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 quad core ARM Cortex A9 @ 1.6Ghz with Mali-400 MP4 CPU
- System memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – micro SD card slot, and optional 4GB NAND flash
- Power Management IC
- Debugging – debug UART console
- Misc – 2x buttons, 3x status LEDs
- Connectors – 5 GPIO connectors 2×20 pins 0.05″ step
There will be two models: RK3188-SOM and RK3188-SOM-4GB, the latter adding 4GB NAND Flash. Both will be available in June for respectively 40 and 45 Euros per piece for 1k orders.
For development and evaluation purpose, the company will also provide an open source hardware base board, RK3188-SOM-EVB, with publicly downloadable Eagle CAD files , and the following key features:
- SoC/Memory/PMIC – Olimex RK3188-SOM-4GB module
- Video Output – HDMI output
- USB – 4x USB Hosts, 1x USB OTG
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet
- LCD connector compatible with A13-LCDxx A10-LCDxx, A20-LCDxx displays we haveMisc – RTC with backup battery
- 2x UEXT connectors
- 2x 40 pin GPIO connectors
- 5x 2×20 connectors 0.05″ step for SoM
RK3188-SOM-EVB development kit will sale for 85.00 Euro in June.
The company will provide Android and Linux (Debian) images and source code for the modules, and evaluation kit.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|