For day 2 of Giveaway Week, I’ll list Mele X1000, an higher-end Android 4.4 Kitkat TV box with a metallic enclosure, and powered by Telechips TCC8935 dual core Cortex A9 SoC with 1GB RAM, 4GB flash, HDMI and AV outputs, an external SATA connector, Ethernet and Wi-Fi, as well as a few USB ports. The selling point of this box is that it can handle Blu-Ray navigation in XBMC.
Since my review of Mele X1000 in March, the company has released new firmware via OTA updates, so the box has certainly improved. At the time of the review I found the hardware build to be of high quality, Wi-Fi performance to be really excellent, that it indeed supported Blu-ray ISO, and provided lots of advanced settings for video playback, but I could notice some unstabilities, XBMC was not pre-installed, SAMBA and NFS were not working, and some videos could not play. XBMC is now pre-installed in the latest firmwares, and hopefully they’ve fixed most of the other bugs I found during my testing.
More pictures of Mele X1000 are available in the unboxing post.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment below.
Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10am (Bangkok time) every day. Comments will be closed after 48 hours.
- Winners will be selected with random.org
- I’ll contact the winners by email or Facebook, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another one.
- Free for winners with a shipping address in Thailand
- Flat fee of $25 for the rest of the world payable via Paypal within 48 hours once the contest is complete, or I’ll pick another winner.
- I’ll post all 8 prizes at the same time, so around the 25th of June, using Airmail (Small Packet) with tracking.
- I’ll make sure we have 8 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this week giveaway, I’ll draw another person.
Mele X1000 can be also purchased on Aliexpress for $179 including shipping, but Mele often organized 1 or 2 days discounts, where you can get for as low as $125, so it pays to be patient.