Amlogic S802 does not support SATA natively, so few Android media players based on this quad core SoC comes with SATA hard drive or SSD support. Zoomtak T8 is one of them, but there’s now another options with Eweat EW802, except than having an internal bay for 2.5″ hard drives, it just features an external SATA connector capable of handling both 2.5″ and 3.5″ drives, and comes with better specs including dual Wi-Fi antennas, 2GB RAM, and 16GB flash.
- SoC – Amlogic S802 quad core cortex A9r4 @ 2 GHz with Mali-450MP6 GPU (N.B: It could also be S802-H due to Dolby abd DTS hardware decoding claim).
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB NAND flash + micro SD slot + SATA connector
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with two external antennas, and Bluetooth 4.0
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a and AV (3.5mm jack)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG
- Misc – IR receiver, Power LED, power button (at the back), and recovery/reset pin hole
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 161x100x27.5 mm
- Weight – 850 grams
The device runs Android 4.4 using the same user interface as other S802 boxes, is preloaded with XBMC, and is said to support FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, HFS+, and Ext-2/3 file systems. The box comes with an IR remote control, HDMI and AV cables, a SATA cable, a micro USB cable, a 12V/2A power adapter, a Quick Installation Guide, and a warranty card.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.