Two AllWinner A80 powered development boards are currently expected. We’ve already seen some pictures of the Cubieboard8, and today we can gt more details about PcDuino8 development board thanks to Charbax who visited Linksprite, and interviewed the company.
Here are PcDuino8 (Beta) specifications based on the interview and pictures:
- SoC – AllWinner A80 octa core big.LITTLE processor with 4 ARM Cortex A15 cores, 4 Cortex A7 cores, and Imagination PowerVR G6200 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB
- Storage – 4GB flash + micro SD Card slot
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio Output – HDMI, stereo audio jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6330 module)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x Micro-B USB 3.0 port
- Debugging – 14-pin header for JTAG
- Expansion Header – 32-pin header
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power – Round DC power jack (5V?)
The hardware specs are a bit lower compared to the Cubieboard8, notably when it comes to RAM, and USB ports. LinkSprite is currently working on Android and Debian for the board, but they also said some developers are also working on Chromium OS. The board is expected to be available next month, and they hope to keep the price below $100.
The video below is 19 minutes long, but only the first 1 minute and 30 seconds are about their new Octa-core board. The rest of the video includes:
- History of PcDuino boards including a new PcDuino3 Nano soon to be available
- A version of Scratch for PcDuino board with an hardware tab to program GPIOs using the program’s graphical user interface.
- Quick demo of a Robot powered by a PcDuino board
- PcDuino for education used in schools in Colorado, USA, Germany, and China. Resources are available at learn.linksprite.com
- Visit of linksprite’s R&D office
- Quick talk with the developer of Papilio DUO FPGA board, as it happens to be manufactured by Linksprite.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|