We’ve already got a long list of upcoming Rockchip RK3288 based Android media players, but no low cost development boards have been announced to date. We can certainly expect a Radxa Rock 2 board with the Cortex A17 processor, but it might not be the only one, as Firefly-RK3288 development board powered by Rockchip RK3288 is currently being developed by another Chinese team.
Current specifications for Firefly-RK3288 board:
- SoC – Rockchip 3288 quad core ARM Cortex A17 up to 1.8 GHz with Mali-T764 GPU supporting OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 /3.0, and OpenCL 1.1
- System Memory – 2G DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video I/O
- HDMI 2.0 up to 3840×2160@60p
- VGA out (D-SUB connector)
- VGA in is available via the expansion headers.
- LCD, MIPI and LVDS
- Audio Output / Input – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, microphone header, and built-in MIC
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with external antenna, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG
- Expansion Headers – 2x 38-pin headers with access to SPI, UART, EDP, ADC, GPIO, I2C, VGA=IN, LVDS, MIPI, 3.3V, 5V, and GND signals.
- Power Supply – TBC
- Dimensions – 118 x 83 mm
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.