AllWinner A31 software development kits (SDK) for Android 4.2 / 4.4 and Linux can now be downloaded, and relevant documentation has also been made available, including HummingBird A31 system brief and system manual. Part of the documentation is in English, but lots of it, is in Chinese only.
- Android 4.4 SDK (password: 5ck9) – a31_v4.5_hummingbird_kfb_ok.tar.gz (6.04 GB)
- Android 4.2 SDK (password: tz17) – a31_hummbingbird_V3.3_v2_kfb_0k.tar.gz (3.99 GB)
- Linux SDK (password: kdcw) – A31_MerriiLinux_V3.3_v1.tar.gz (1.17 GB)
There are also links to firmware files specific to HummingBird:
- Android 4.4 firmware LCD output (password: w1s6)
- Android 4.2 firmware LCD output (password: b7de)
- Android 4.2 firmware VGA output (password: nfqw)
- Linux firmware (password: ibal)
It takes a very long time to download the SDKs, so I haven’t checked the files, and hopefully there’s also some documentation inside. But if you want a quicker look at the documentation including AlLWinner A31 datasheet, AllWinner A31 tablet and STB schematics, and more,
you may want to have a look at http://wens.csie.org/a31/, but soon these may become available on linux-sunxi.org.. [Update: The SDK can now downloaded @ http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/SDK/A31/ and the documentation @ http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/A31/]
On a related note, there will be soon another AllWinner A31 development board and systems-on-module (A31-SOM-EVB + A31-SOM) made by Olimex.
Thanks to Domingos!
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.