- SoC – Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core Cortex A9 CPU with Mali-400MP4 GPU
- System Memory – N/A (TBC)
- Storage – Up to 8GB eMMC + SD/SDIO interface
- Connectivity – 10/100Mbps Ethernet, optional Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module
- Video Output – HDMI(1080p) for TV, 2-ch LVDS for TFT LCD
- Camera – 2x parallel camera interfaces
- Audio – Line in/out and Headphone out.
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 Host ch and OTG
- Configurable GPIOs, Analog inputs, PWMs and Serial interfaces such as I2Cs, SPIs, and UARTs
- SoM Connector – 213-pin MXM connector
- Dimensions – 70mm x 70mm
The dimensions and connector used points to the module following Qseven standard, but the company does not mention anything about Qseven, so the pin assignment may be different. Software support is a bit disappointing with only Android 4.0.4 with Kernel 3.0.x available, including full source code.
For evaluation and development ExSOM-4412-DVK kit is provided with the SoM and a nano-ITX (120×120 mm) baseboard with the following connectors:
- External Storage – micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI and LCD interface
- Connectivity – Ethernet (RJ45) and Wi-Fi/BT (via SoM)
- Audio – Line-out, Line-in
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port, 2x USB 2.0 host via headers
- Serial – UART 1 & 2 via headers
- Expansions Header – 2x 20-pin header for GPIO/I2C/SPI
- Misc – Sleep, power and reset buttons, “debug” port
- Power – 12V power barrel, battery connector
It’s unclear what the two yellow RCA connectors on the right of the board are for. Maybe video out (composite) and in? Schematics & CAD files are said to be available for the baseboard.
ExSOM-4412L can be purchased now for $89 without Wi-Fi/BT module, and $99 with the wireless module (ExSOM-4412), and the full development kit goes for $199, shipping costs via Fedex are not included. Delivery is scheduled in four weeks time. You can visit Howchip’s ExSOM-4412 page to order the module and/or development kit, but technical details are sparse for now.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|