Toradex has added a new system-on-module to its Colibri family with Colibri IMX6 SoM powered by either Freescale i.MX 6Solo singl core processor, or i.MX 6DualLite dual core core processor. The SoMs are available in both both commercial and industrial temperature grade, come with up 4GB eMMC, 256 to 512MB RAM, and support Linux or Windows Embedded operating systems.
Specifications listed for the Toradex Colibri i.MX6 module include:
- SoC – Freescale i.MX6 Solo single core or DualLite dual core Cortex-A9 core @ 800MHz (Industrial temp.) or 1GHz (Commercial temp) with Vivante 2D/3D GPUs.
- System Memory – 256MB (Solo) or 512MB (DualLite) DDR3
- Storage – 4GB eMMC flash
- I/Os available via the 200-pin SO-DIMM connector:
- 3x 8-bit SDIO/SD/MMC
- 10/100M Ethernet (Micrel KSZ8041NL PHY)
- USB 2.0 host, USB 2.0 OTG
- Video Output
- HDMI 1.4a up to 1080p resolution
- RGB up to 1920×1200 (24bpp)
- Camera – 2x Camera Parallel inputs
- Audio – Audio line-in (stereo), mic-in (mono), and headphone (stereo). Freescale SGTL5000 Audio Codec
- Others I/F – 4-wire resistive touch interface, 3x I2C, 3x SPI, 5x UART, 2x CAN, 1x IrDA, 4x PWM, up to 154x GPIOs, 4x analog inputs
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0 to 70°C; or Industrial: -40 to 85°C
- Power Dissipation – TBC
- Dimensions – 67.6 x 36.7 x 6.2mm
Linux, Windows Embedded Compact 7, and Windows Embedded Compact 2013 will be supported. You can also contact Toradex for Android support. For some reasons, the first samples will come with Linux, but WEC 2013 will be pre-loaded for mass-production instead.
Several carrier board are available with Colibri IMX6 modules: the tiny and low cost Viola baseboard, as well as the more feature-rich Colibri evaluation board, Iris carrier board, and Orchid carrier board. You can access documentation and tutorials on Toradex’s developer site.
Toradex Colibri IMX6 modules will be available in Q4 2014 starting at 42 Euros for 10,000+ unit orders for the commercial grade version of the Solo SoM. In single quantity, Solo 256MB module costs 58 Euros, and if you add Viola carrier board, the total cost of an evaluation board would be 107 Euros. There’s 7 to 9 Euros difference between the commercial and industrial grade versions. The modules benefit from i.MX6 long term availability, you would be able to purchase modules until the year 2028. Further details can be found on Toradex’s Colibri IMX6 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|