Freescale i.MX6 series was first announced in January 2011, and there have been delays due to problem with the silicon, but now the i.MX6 processors are finally in mass production, and lots of different products are using this SoC. The latest product I found is ULP-COM-sAMX6i by Kontron which is a series of computers on module based on ULP-COM (Ultra Low Power) standard featuring Freescale i.MX6 solo, dual and quad processors. Those commercial and industrial grade modules target markets such as transportation, medical and military.
Here are the technical specifications of the modules:
- CPU – Freescale i.MX 6 Single, Dual and Quad Core ARM Cortex-A9 @ 800 MHz (Industrial grade), 1 GHz and 1.2 GHz
- System Memory – Up to 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – Optional onBoard NAND/eMMC up to 64GB
- Graphics / Video – Dual Display, HD 1080p Decode/Encode and 2D/3D acceleration
- Video Output
- Resolution Parallel LCD 18/24 bit
- LVDS Single Channel 18/24bit
- Ethernet – 10/100/1000 MBit Ethernet
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 (one OTG)
- PCI Express / PCI support 3x PCI Express x1 Lanes
- Interfaces – 12x GPIO, SDIO, 5x I²C, 2x I²S, 2x SPI, SPDIF, WDT, 2x CAN
- Camera Interface – PCAM, CSI
- Power Supply – 3V – 5.25V Operates directly from single level Lithium Ion cells. Typical power consumption 5W
- Temperature – Industrial: -40° to 85°C, Commercial: 0° to 60°C
- Compliance ULP-COM – Ultra Low Power Computer-on-Modules
- Dimensions – 82mm x 50mm
Developers can take advantage of the Kontron ULP-COM Evaluation Carrier board to start working with ULP-COM-sAMX6i modules before the custom hardware is ready.
The modules support Linux, Android and Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) operating systems.
Samples of the Kontron ARM Cortex A9 COM-ULP-sAMX6 module family are available now, and mass production is planned for Q1 2013.
For further information, you can visit Kontron ULP-COM-sAMX6i product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|