EZCast dongles, tiny HDMI streaming Wi-Fi stick with support for Airplay, Miracast, DLNA, and their own proprietary EZCast protocol first appeared about a year ago. I’ve reviewed a few including Tronsmart T1000 and MeLeCast S1, and found them to work relatively well, with some caveats, in Android. There’s now a new EZCast Pro wireless adapters that adds features such for four split screens display, conference control via web browser, and content broadcast to multiple screens, as well as improved wireless performance thanks to 2T2R Wi-Fi. Tronsmart T2000 is the first device I’ve heard of, that’s EZCast Pro capable.
Tronsmart T2000 hardware specifications:
- SoC – Action Semi AM8251 @ 500MHz (MIPS)
- System memory – 256 MB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 128 MB NAND Flash
- Video output – HDMI 1.2 / MHL 2.0
- Wi-Fi – Single band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi 2T2R up to 300 Mbps
- Standards – Miracast, Airplay, DLNA, and EZCast
- Video Support – Up to 1080p30 video decode, 1080p50/60 video output.
- USB – micro USB port for power
- Misc – Power and Wi-Fi status LED, switch for MHL / USB power, internal key for firmware update.
- Power – 5V/1A via micro USB, 5V/0.9V via MHL
- Dimensions – 84 x 32 x 14 mm
- Weight – About 30 grams.
The hardware is based on same Action Semi SoC as the original EZCast dongles, but they’ve doubled the amount of RAM, upgraded Wi-Fi from 150 Mbps to 300 Mbps, and now output 1080p60 instead of just 1080p30. Th extra RAM is needed to take advantage of the new EZCast pro features such as multiple screens. Tronsmart T2000 comes with an HDMI cable, a USB cable, and a power manual. If you happen to have an MHL capable HDMI TV, you won’t need any cable, as the dongle will be powered via your HDMI port, but if you don’t, simply connect the USB cable to the USB port of your TV.
- Split Screen: Allow 4 different devices to connect and display content on EZCat Pro device
- Host Control: Add Host role to control split screen
- Preferred device: Remember the current device and WiFi environment as a favorite one to save the connection method
- Off-line mode: Allow you to enter app and use some features even without connecting EZCast Pro device
- Conference control: Administrator mode to control all connections via Web browser
- Content broadcast: Allow other devices to see the current displayed content on EZCast Pro by web browser
- Client mode discovery: Can discover EZCast Pro device and control under subnet instead of only peer to peer WiFi connection
I’ve embedded EZCast Pro introduction video below, where you can watch demos of the new features such as split screen (03:04).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.