Embest recently unveiled the SBC8118 Single Board Computer, an industrial grade SBC powered by Texas Instruments AM1808 ARM9 processor with 128MB Mobile DDR2 RAM and 128MB NAND Flash. The SBC8118 Single Board Computer is aimed at medical, industrial automation, control, communication, and other cost sensitive applications.
Here are the specifications of the CPU board (Mini8118):
- Processor – 375MHz TI AM1808 ARM926EJ-S Microcontroller (also supports 456MHz operation)
- Memory – 128 MByte Mobile DDR2
- Storage – 128 MByte NAND Flash (on the rear of the board) & 8 Mbit SPI Flash
- Connectors – Two 2.0mm space 3*27-pin dip connectors
and the expansion board:
- Audio/Video Interfaces:
- TFT LCD interface (50-pin FPC connector, RGB565)
- 4 line resistive Touch Screen interface
- Camera interface (30-pin FPC connector, supports CCD and CMOS cameras)
- Data Transfer Interfaces:
- Serial port:
- 1 x 5 line Debug serial port, RS232 voltage
- 2 x 3 line serial ports (PRU serial port), RS232 voltage
- 1 x 3 line serial port, TTL voltage (2.0mm pitch 5-pin connector)
- USB Host ports:
- 2 x USB2.0 (USB-A Type)
- 2 x USB2.0 (2.0mm pitch 5-pin connector)
- SD card slot
- Ethernet: 10/100Mbps, RJ45 connector
- RS485 interface
- 1 x Serial ATA connector, supports both SATA I (1.5 Gbps) and SATA II (3.0 Gbps)
- 14-pin JTAG interface
- Serial port:
- Input Interfaces and Other Facilities:
- 1x 4-pin SATA power interface (supports 2.5-inch hard disk)
- 1x 4-bit DIP switch (supports boot mode selection)
- RESET button
- User button
- Power indicator
- User LED
The board measures 58.0 mm x 45.0 mm (6 layer PCB), it can operate between -45~80 Celsius with a humidity Range of 20% to 90%. The power consumption is 125mA @ 12V.
WiFi, Camera and 3G (CDMA2000 & WCDMA) modules are also available, as well as 4.3” and 7” LCD display modules. The company provides BSP for Linux 2.6.33 and WinCE 6.0.
The board costs $189 and comes with a 12V power adapter, a cross serial cable and a product CD including user manual, schematic in PDF format, datasheet, Linux 2.6.33 and WinCE 6.0 BSP. You can also purchase the board with a 4.3″ LCD ($299) and 7″ LCD ($319). Further information is available on Embest SBC8118 page.
Via: Embedded Star
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.