Linaro 14.11 has been released with Linux kernel 3.18-rc5 (baseline), Linux 3.10.61 & 3.14.25 (LSK, same versions as last month), and Android 4.4.2, 4.4.4, and for the first time Android 5.0 Lollipop. There’s also been some news with regards to Linux desktop distributions, as Ubuntu baseline has been upgraded to Utopic (14.10), and Debian 8.0 (Jessie) will officially support ARM64 with 93% of packages built as of November 5th. Android Lollipop images are said to be built for TC2, Juno, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and FVP models, but I could not find the images. Finally, it’s the first time I’ve noticed Hisilicon X5HD2 development board with a dual core Cortex A9 processor, but apparently it’s the same as Hi3716cv200.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Linux Linaro 3.18-rc5-2014.11
- updated GATOR to version 5.20
- updated topic from Qualcomm LT (include IFC6410 board support)
- updated integration-linaro-vexpress64 topic by ARM LT (FVP Base and Foundation models, and Juno support)
- updated integration-hilt-linux-linaro topic by HiSilicon LT (Hi36xx, HiP04, and X5HD2 families support)
- updated LLVM topic (uses the community llvmlinux-latest branch) includes ILP32 patch set v3 rebased on 3.18-rc5. Build tested only.
- Linaro builds of AOSP 14.11
- built with Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.11
- migrated to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) for all the targets on all CI loops. Here are the combinations: TC2-LSK-3.10, TC2-LSK-3.14, Juno-LSK, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, FVP-LSK-3.10 and FVP-LSK-3.14.
- updated LSK pre-merge CI for 3.10 and 3.14
- revamped to use overlay manifest with local_manifests
- added AOSP master builds setup for Versatile Express TC2, Juno, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10
- Linaro OpenEmbedded 2014.11
- integrated Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.11
- included perf tools in the rootfs
- fixed gator FTBS
- updated strace aarch64_be patch
- fixed external toolchain support
- updated LTP to 20140828 release
- updated PM QA to 0.4.14 release
- updated ACPICA to 20140828 release
- Linaro Ubuntu 14.11
- Ubuntu baseline migrated from Trusty to Utopic
- updated packages: Juno firmware 0.9.2, LSK 3.10.60/3.14.24 and linux-linaro 3.18-rc5 kernels
- Debian release team announced ARM64 architecture has made enough progress to be a released architecture for Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- SELinux support is enabled in linux-linaro kernel
- Test usage of Linaro toolchain binary to build OE rootfs has been added
- CI bring up: coresight enabled build for TC2
You can visit https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1411/Release for a list of known issues, and further release details about the LEB, LMB (Linaro Member Builds), and community builds, as well as Android, Kernel, Graphics, Multimedia, Landing Team, Platform, Power management and Toolchain components.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|