Linaro 14.09 has just been released with Linux kernel 3.17-rc4 (baseline), Linux 3.10.54 & 3.14.19 (LSK), and Android 4.4.2 & 4.4.4.
Linaro has kept working on their member boards such as IFC6410 (Qualcomm), D01 (Huawei/Hisilicon), Ardnale (Samsung), and Juno (ARM). They’ve also announced they’ll change the tools to build GCC by using cbuild2 instead of cbuild1 for next release, and they’ve enabled a build with gcov (for code coverage analysis) which may mean they’ll work on reducing the kernel size by getting rid off unused code. I’ve also noticed the Arndale and Arndale Octa Ubuntu images are now based on Linux LSK with Mali GPU support since last month.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Linux Linaro 3.17-rc4-2014.09
- GATOR version 5.19
- updated topic from Qualcomm LT (ifc6410 board support) and HiSilicon LT
- updated Versatile Express ARM64 support (FVP Base and Foundation models, Juno) from ARM LT.
- updated Versatile Express patches from ARM LT
- updated LLVM topic (follows the community llvmlinux-latest branch)
- Big endian support (the 2014.05 topic version rebased to 3.17 kernel)
- config fragments changes – added gcov config fragment, disabled DRM_EXYNOS_IOMMU to work around boot failure on Arndale
- Linaro Toolchain Binaries 2014.09
- based on GCC 4.9 and updated to latest Linaro TCWG releases: Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.09, Linaro binutils 2.24-2014.09, and Linaro GDB 7.8-2014.09.
- This will be the last release done with cbuild1 and crosstool-ng. Next releases will be done with cbuild2. Official support for very old host environments will be dropped.
- Linaro builds of AOSP 14.09 built with Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.09.
- Linaro OpenEmbedded 2014.09
- integrated Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.09, Linaro binutils 2.24-2014.09, integrated Linaro GDB 7.8-2014.09.
- imported Linaro eglibc 2.19 into meta-linaro after OE-core switched to glibc 2.20
- fixed shadow securetty for Qualcomm and STMicroelectronics SoCs
- upstreaming – fixed libpng on aarch64 (neon symbol), updated PM QA to 0.4.14, updated libunwind to include aarch64 support
- Linaro Ubuntu 14.09
- added linux-tools (perf standalone, splitted from kernel build)
- updated packages: Juno firmware 0.8.1, LSK 3.10.55/3.14.19 and linux-linaro 3.17-rc4 kernels.
- A gcov enabled build has been added
- Linaro builds of the Android NDK have been updated to current upstream sources and current Linaro toolchain component releases.
- Standalone Android toolchain binary builds now use Linaro binutils for improved armv8 support.
You can visit https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1409/Release for a list of known issues, and further release details about the LEB, LMB (Linaro Member Builds), and community builds, as well as Android, Kernel, Graphics, Multimedia, Landing Team, Platform, Power management and Toolchain components.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|