If you think Motorola Moto 360 looks good, but find the black zone at the bottom of the display ruins it all, Huawei Watch may be what you’ve been looking for, with a similar rounded shape design, Android Wear, and when it is in watch mode it really looks like a standard watch without obstructions.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (APQ8026) quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.2GHz with Adreno 305 GPU
- System Memory – 512MB RAM
- Storage – 4GB ROM
- Display – 1.4″ full circle AMOLED display; 400×400, 286ppi; Sapphire crystal
- Audio – Built-in MIC
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0/4.1
- Sensors – Gyroscope + Accelerometer, PPG (photoplethysmogram – for heart rate), Barometer, Vibration Motor
- Misc – Watch button at 2 o’clock
- Battery – 300mAh
- Material – Watch: 316L Stainless Steel; Watchband: stainless steel or leather
- Dimension – 42mm diameter by 11.3mm thickness
- Weight – N/A
The watch runs Android Wear, and is available in Silver, Black, or Gold colors. The package includes a charging cradle, a USB Cable, a power adapter, and a Quick Start Guide. Like other Android Wear smartwatches, it will interface with your smartphone over Bluetooth LE, and exchange data allowing you to receive notifications, send SMS, check email, answer calls, get directions with GPS data, use “OK Google” voice search, and so on. You’ll have a choice of over 40 different watch faces, and the watch can also be used as a fitness tracker thanks to sensors like PPG.
You can watch the promo video below, where Huawei interviewed some “random” people that just happen to look like models, and want a “timeless design” for their watch.
The company has not talked about price yet, but you’ll be able to buy Huawei Watch around June in more than 20 countries including United States, United Kingdom, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Norway, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates. Visit Huawei Watch product page for more details. Huawei also released Talkband N1 headphones + activity tracker, and Talkband B2 fitness band / BT headset. You can get more information about these two on Huawei MWC page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.