STMicro announced their STM32F7 MCU family the same as ARM announced their latest ARM Cortex M7 core for high-end micro-controllers last September. Emcraft Systems have now launched a STM32F7 system-on-module with 32MB SDRAM and 16MB NOR flash, and ported uClinux to the platform. The company has also launched a STM32F7 starter kit for evaluation and development. Both target industrial automation, system and power management, wireless networking / sensors and other embedded applications.
- MCU – STMicro STM32F746 Cortex M7 MCU up to 200 MHz with 320KB RAM, 1MB flash in TFBGA-216 package
- System Memory – 32MB SDRAM
- Storage – 16MB NOR flash
- Connectivity – 802.3 Ethernet PHY
- SoM connectors – 2x 80-pin (0.4mm pitch)
- Debugging – ARM SWJ-DP combined JTAG and serial wire debug port
- Misc – Watchdog, RTC, USB and other I/Os via SoM connectors
- Power – 3.3V DC; Low-power mode with short startup times; Deep-sleep power mode with ultra- low power consumption profiles;
- Dimensions – 30 mm x 46mm
- Compliant with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive
The company provides U-boot and uClinux 2.6.33 source code, binary images, and documentation for the module, as well as hardware documentation.
The baseboard is 100×70 mm in size and has the following main interfaces:
- SoM Connectors – For STM32F7 SoM
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- USB – 1x mini USB interface using a USB-UART bridge, 1x mini USB OTG Interface
- Debugging – mini USB (UART), 20-pin ARM JTAG interface
- Expansion – Breadboard area with unused STM32F7 signals
- Misc – User LEDs and push-buttons (reset, user)
- Power Supply – 5V via mini USB (UART) interface or VCC3 on SoM
- Dimensions – 100×70 mm
You can watch the demo showcasing fast boot to Qt (4s) and the performance of the system on a Qt based user interface, which is said to have greatly improved over STM32F4 thanks to ART accelerator and L1 cache in STM32F7.
The starter kit can be pre-ordered for $159, and the STM32F7 SoM sells for $27 per unit in 10K+ orders. Software and hardware documentation, and pre-order links are available on Emcraft’s STM32F7 SoM product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|