Calao Systems has introduced a new Freescale i.MX6 single board computer with Baseball embedded platform, targetting network-connected industrial M2M and Internet of Things (IoT) applications requiring a high-level of security achieved with an FIPS 140-2 trusted platform module, and Crypto Authentication chip.
- SoC – Freescale iMX6 Solo, Dual or Quad Cortex A9 processor @ up to 1GHz with Vivante GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L,
- On Module: 8 GB e-MMC, 8 MB SPI Flash, 1x EEPROM with unique S/N and MAC address
- On Baseboard: 1x Micro-SD socket, 1x Industrial Grade eMMC NANDrive (optional), 1x Industrial Grade SATA Nandrive (optional),
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio Output – HDMI and optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x SIM card slot
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 Host, 1x USB OTG
- 3x Expansion connectors with AFB, GPIO,. LVDS, SPI, etc…
- 2x Full Size Mini PCI Express / mSATA socket
- 1x RS232 serial port
- 3x TTL serial port
- 2x CAN bus
- 1x Camera port, 1x CSI port
- Security – 1x Trusted Platform Module (TPM), 1x Crypto Authentication chip
- Sensors – 1x Temperature, Humidity & Pressure Sensor, 1x Accelerometer on SoM, 1x Temperature and Humidity sensor on Carrier board.
- Misc – RTC with BR1632A Lithium Battery, Power On/Off, Reset & User LED & PB
- Power – Dual power supply mode (PowerPath controller):
- Main power supply 9-36 VAC/VDC (12V / 3A),
- Auxiliary power supply 9-36VDC
- Baseboard – 120×120 mm (Nano-ITX)
- Module – 80×50 mm (SMARC)
- Temperature Range – -40°C to +85°C
The company solution will be delivered in an anodized aluminum enclosure, and come pre-loaded with a “qualified Linux open source package maintained in mainline”. The mini PCIe slots are said to support LoRa, 3G, LTE, and Sigfox wireless modules, as well as other compliant PCIe modules for GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc… functions. Few technical details about the software are available publicly right now, but these might eventually show up on baseballboard.org.
Baseball boards will sample in May, with volume production scheduled for this summer.