Allwinner H3 was unveiled as a quad core processor for 4K media players that would sell for less than $50, but so far devices like TVPP0030 are selling for an unattractive $80, but this may be about to change thanks to devices like Tronsmart Draco H3 HDMI TV stick that are expected to sell between $30 to $40 retail, possibly excluding shipping, and it would then compete against Amlogic S805 platforms such as MK808B Plus that only support 1080p video decoding and output.
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.5GHz with quad core Mali-400MP2 @ 600 MHz
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with external antenna, and Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6212 module)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4 male connector up to 4K2K @ 30Hz, with HDMI CEC support
- Video Codec – H.265/HEVC up to 4K30, 1080p60 decoding for H.264, VP8, MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4, H.263. WMV9, VC1, etc…
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port (full size), 1x micro USB OTG port, 1x micro USB port for power
- Misc – Function key (recovery?)
- Power Supply – 5V with micro USB port
- Dimensions – N/A
- Weight – N/A
Tronsmart Draco H3 should start shipping in the middle of May.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|