Action Semi ATM7039 quad core Cortex A9 processor was launched in 2013 and can be found in low cost tablets, but the company has now launched ATM7039S processor, with similar features but adding 4K video support for OTT boxes, and Kaiboer F5 Plus is one of the first product to feature the new processor.
- SoC- Actions Semi ATM7039S quad core ARM Cortex A9r4 with PowerVR SGX544MP GPU
- System memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB + micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4b with HDCP 1.1 + AV port (RCA)
- Video playback support – Up to 4K @ 30Hz – AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV, RM/RMVB, MP4/M4V, DivX/Xvid,FLV, 3GP, DAT, VOB, MPG/MPEG, AVS, ASF, TP, TRP, TS, M2TS/MTS. H.265, h.264, etc…
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Power LED, reset button
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 187 x 128 x 24mm
The box is said to run YunOS 2.1 (Aliyun OS), based on AOSP, and it ships with a power supply, an HDMI cable, and a remote control. Kaiboer is not really interested in overseas market, so the interface will most probably only be only in Chinese, and you can have a glimpse in the review on imp3.net.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.