Most mini PCs with Intel Atom Z3735F only come with HDMI output, while a few others feature both HDMI and VGA like MeLE PCG03, but if you need a cheap mini PC with both HDMI and DisplayPort as found in Intel NUC, Artway W8 Plus is worth a look especially since it sells for just $99 on Aliexpress.
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735F quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz (Bust freq: 1.83 GHz) with Intel HD graphics
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32 GB eMMC (16, 64 or 128GB optional) + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4b, and DisplayPort
- Audio I/F – HDMI, audio out and mic in jacks
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (RTL8723BS or AP6330), and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host
- Misc – Power Button, RTC
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 107 x 107 x 25 mm
- Weight – 200 grams
The mini PC comes pre-loaded with Windows 8.1 (Which has got to be unlicensed at that price), but you should probably be able to run Linux based operating systems like Ubuntu, especially since there’s now a fix for HDMI audio. The computer supports dual independent displays via HDMI and DisplayPort. W8 Plus ships with an HDMI cable, a user’s manual, and a 5V/2A power adapter. If you plan to connect an external USB hard drive, you may have to replace the latter with a more powerful one (e.g. 5V/3A) to avoid potential stability issues.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|