Faytech is a company specializing in touch monitors and touch pc, but recently they started to develop embedded boards, and their latest FTA20 single board computer is powered by Allwinner A20 SoC, and offer various optional wireless options like Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G, and GPS. The board also supports the company’s 9.7”, 10.1”, 15” and 21.5” capacitive displays.
- SoC – Allwinner A20 dua lcore Cortex A7 processor @ 1GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU @ 500MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash, 1x SD card slot, 1x SATA port (via headers)
- Video Output – 1x HDMI, 1x VGA, 18/24Bit LVDS
- Audio – Audio-Chip Integrated HI-FI 100dB Audio Codec, 2x3W amplifier; 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio Codec; 1x Line-In, 1x Line-Out
- 1x 10/100/1000Mbit RJ45 Ports with connector for POE
- Optional Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 1x SIM-card (to be used with mPCIe modem???)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB OTG port, 2x USB 2.0 via headers
- Other I/Os – 2x serial, 4x TTL UART, 24x GPIO
- Expansion – Mini PCIe slot
- Misc – Watchdog Timer (1~255 steps by software program); Wake On LAN/PCE; RTC with battery
- Power Supply – 12V; external connectors 8-18V DC-IN, screwable; PoE
- Power consumption – 8 ~ 18W
- Dimensions – 17.8 x 8 cm
- Operating temperature – -20 ~ +70 °C
The board is said to ship with a DVD including drivers, as well as a short installation manual. The company provide support for Linux and Android 4.2, but overall at least with the info available on their website, they make an dismal job at providing information for their board, as zero documentation is available.
The company offers two models: FTA201G8GW with WiFi, and FTA201G8GWBG adding Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS to the previous model. You won’t find much more information on the product page, but you could contact the company there if you are interested.
Thanks to Nanik for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|