Olimex had been working on a small board with Ralink RT5350F processor for over a year, with delays mostly due to software development and undocumented registers. But RT5350F-OlinuXino is now available together with an evaluation board with tow relays, two Ethernet ports, and expansions headers, as well as a DIN EBV still in development.
- SoC – Ralink / Mediatek RT5350F MIPS24KEc CPU @ 360 MHz
- System Memory – 32MB SDRAM
- Storage – 8MB SPI NAND Flash
- 3x headers with access to
- USB 2.0 HOST/Device
- 5x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
- GPIOs, SPI, I2C
- I2S, PCM
- Power – 3x external DCDC power converters releasing internal RT5350F vreg and preventing common problem with overheating with this chip.
- Dimensions – N/A
- Operating Temperature Range – -10 to +55C
The company jointly launch the module with RT5350F-OlinuXino-EVB evaluation board with the following technical specifications:
- Module – RT5350F-OlinuXino with RT5350F processor, 32MB RAM and 8MB flash
- WIFI 801.11n 150Mb
- 2x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports (RJ45)
- 2x Relays 15A/240VAC
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Expansion headers:
- UEXT connector (I2C, SPI, RS232) for Olimex modules
- EXT header with 3 remaining Ethernet signals, GPIOs, I2S/PCM, JTAG…
- Misc – Button
- Power Supply – 5V DC via power barrel
- Dimensions – N/A
- Temperature Range – -10 to +55C
Documentation is available on the same Wiki and Github account as for the module.
It will cost about 35 Euros once it is available in June or a little later. RT5350F-OlinuXino can be purchased now for 15 Euros in single quantities, while RT5350F-OLinuXino-EVB goes for 24 Euros including the module, and you can purchase both directly on Olimex website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.