Allwinner already has several processor families, the most famous being the A-series for tablets, followed bythe H-series for home entertainment, the V-series for video application, the R-series for IoT as found in R8 module used in C.H.I.P $9 computer, and now I’ve just found out the company launched T-series with Allwinner T2 and T8 for “Transportation”/automotive applications.
I don’t have any details about T8 processor, but the company kindly shared a product brief with the specs for Allwinner T2:
- CPU – Dual core Cortex A7
- CPU – Mali-400MP2 supporting OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0
- Memory – DDR2, DDR3, and DDR3L controller, NAND flash controller with 64-bit ECC
- Video Inputs – 4x AV Inputs
- Video – H.264 2160p video decoding, multi-format decoding, h.264 encoding @1080p30 / 720p60.
- Display – Multi-channel HD display with integrated HDMI 1.4 transmitter, CPU/RGB/LVDS display interface, support for VGA/CVBS/YPbPr, and integrated TV decoder.
- Camera – Integrated parallel 8-bit interface YUV sensor, integrated 24-bit parallel YUV 444 I/F, supports 5MP CMS sensors, and dual sensors
- Audio – Integrated HiFi 100 dB audio codec, dual analog MIC amplifier
- Low speed I/F – 5x TWI, 4x SPI, 8x UART
- 3x USB 2.0, 4x SDIO
The processor supports Android 4.2. Allwinner T2 can be used in dual-channel HD car DVR applications, including features such as around view parking (with 4x AV inputs), WiFi and AP hotspot, voice assistance, rapid reverse image function, 3G/2G voice and data, multimedia playback, radio, Bluetooth Voice/Music/Dial, DVD playback, GPS navigation, and keys and touch panels.
Armdevices.net also uploaded a video showing a few solutions featuring Allwinner T2.
There’s no product page yet, but according to the video above, Allwinner T2 solutions are already in mass production in China.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|